• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E6400.. too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boris_37

Okay i got my TT BT and my E6400. I was running a little overclocked but now i am back to stock after i had to rip out the bios battery. Anyways.

I'm @ stock everything. With some AS5 and the stock TT BT fan. My temps are 40C with AI Suite and 45C with Core Temp.

Does this seem hot? I have not lapped anything and my ambient temp is 20-21. I also have a p5b D.

Yowza it's been long since i posted.

hmmmm sounds a little high @ stock idle

im running a 6400 @ 3.0GHz and 1.4V DUAL FOLDing (100% both cores) using a lapped TT Big Typhoon with a 95 CFM fan in a 17C room and its hitting 40C on gigabyte's easytune5

so im OCed, over-volted and on load hitting the same temps you are.

EDIT:
let me get a coretemp reading so were talking apples to apples

also im not load... that's idle, load goes up about 5-7C lol

think i should get a lapping kit then reseat this?...

My idle temperature is 52C. Load (Orthos) is 65 C. The temps are a bit high, but I'll be lapping the Zalman HSF soon. So far, I have not had a single BSOD. Not saying it is safe, but I'm just giving you an idea of how far you can push it.

more air flow will lower your temps some but not as much as GREAT contact.

dont be too scared of cranking down the hold-down on the HSF. now that were dealing with IHS's and not bare cores, the worry of cracking the core due to over tightening the HSF is GONE.

another thought: my rig is NOT in a case, im betting yours is... case temps could be coming into play here.

ah okay, so tighten this baby down a lot after lapping and see how she goes? :D lol i really dislike thermaltakes foam mounting thingeys on the bottom of the board... really bad idea because its never tight enough.

Back