• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

task manager showing wrong ram usage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
On average, on my laptop I run ~40 proccesses (I know thats alot, but my dad is "supposed to be using it for work" and IBM has alot of junk running that cant be closed) and the highest one is SETI at 60mb, but all the rest are only like 5mb. right now, its saying Im using 2 1/2 gb of ram. It only has 1gb ram, and the hdd led hasnt blinked once in the last 10 minutes, so that rules out virtual memory. my g15 performance monitor is only registeing 49% in use, and thats with itunes, boinc, winamp, atitraytools, google talk and xfire running. Any one else have this problem?

Download and install Process Explorer from Sysinternals...

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/ProcessExplorer.html

Run the program and resize the window to show all of the running processes, then take a pic (Alt+PrtScn), paste it into Paint - Edit--> Paste... and post it in this thread. Then click on the System Information button in the toolbar of Process Explorer. Take a pic of that also, and post it in this thread.

well, just before i downloaded proccess explorer, ram went down again. managed to take a screenshot of history to prove im not makeing this up.

Last edited:
Back