• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help!!! 7800GT SLI, X2 low 3Dmark06

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

I have the setup in my sig and never realy botherd too much with 3D benchmarks, but ran 3DMark06 yesterday and got a score of 4233 with all the eye candy off and all nvidia settings on performance rather than quality. I have my cards overclocked as well as my X2 (2.86 GHZ) and have 2 gigs of ram at 3-3-3-8. Everything exept ram is on water. I thought that score was a little low? I could be wrong but shouldnt I be near or at 5K with my setup?? temps of cards never break 40c. thanx guys:bang head

JustChill said:
I have the setup in my sig and never realy botherd too much with 3D benchmarks, but ran 3DMark06 yesterday and got a score of 4233 with all the eye candy off and all nvidia settings on performance rather than quality. I have my cards overclocked as well as my X2 (2.86 GHZ) and have 2 gigs of ram at 3-3-3-8. Everything exept ram is on water. I thought that score was a little low? I could be wrong but shouldnt I be near or at 5K with my setup?? temps of cards never break 40c. thanx guys:bang head
That does sound strange. Are both your cards being reconized as SLI? I am hitting about 6k with just 1 7900GT @ 573/800, My 3D05 score is at the bottom of my sig as well

WonderingSoul said:
That does sound strange. Are both your cards being reconized as SLI? I am hitting about 6k with just 1 7900GT @ 573/800, My 3D05 score is at the bottom of my sig as well

6k? I can barely break 5.5k with my 7900GTX, you get 9k in 05, yet I easily get hit 11k.

dan

yep both card are in sli mode and overclocked. should I download 3dmark05 and see if there is any diff?.. I am using an asus sli bridge on my DFI expert board, could that effect anything?:bang head

Hmmm something is really wrong with your setup. I'm getting the same score as yours with my single 7800GT. IMO, I think the bridge you're using might have an effect on those low score of yours.

Try running just one at stock speeds, it could also be a driver problem (just use driver cleaner and reinstall the drivers). But I wouldn't expect somehwere in the low 6000 range on 3dmark06. I get about 6700 with my setup. Also try running the cards at stock speeds, have you checked the temps under stress?

Oh I also see you are running vista? The driver support for vista with graphics cards is really lacking. That probably is your problem right there. I can run oblivion and graw flawlessly with settings maxed at 1680x1050 on XP but they are jumpy on Vista.

JustChill said:
sounds like your sli runs with only one card effective... :confused:

Its vista. Get that on XP asap.
Nope. I dual boot and never overclock or bench while in vista. I only bech in XP x 64.....Could that be the problem is it the fact that I have the 64 bit version of XP??? well so far no change..here is a screen shot if it helps....it shows sli running....

3DMark Score 6125 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 3155 Marks
SM 3.0 Score 3129 Marks

That is what you should be scoring with SLI 7800GTs. When I set mine up, I think I had to change a setting in the BIOS as well... change from the x16 slot to the 2 x8 slots. Is there anything like that in your BIOS? I'm pretty sure that only one of your cards is running.

Have you tested both of them individually to make sure they both work?

My SLI wouldn't work properly with Vista RC1. I'd bet money that is your issue as well.

Guys, Guys... I AM NOT BENCHING IN VISTA I only use xp to game, bench and overclock in. Although it is XP X64 could this effect my 3dmark06 results???

Yes I did change my bios it is in 8x-8x mode rather than 16x mode.
When not in sli I can run 2 monitors ( one from each card) so they are both working......

Any more ideas?????

Which Driver are you running. Try removing the driver and reinstalling. Not sure if Driver Cleaner works with x64 though.

Also, I forget what it is called, but somewhere in the Nvidia control panel you can set it to show a graphical representation of how SLI is working. A green line if I remember correctly. I think you have to switch to the old control panel though. Run 3D mark with this on and see if you get the green line. Look Here for the "What are the SLI Visual Indicators?" section.

At work right now so I cannot check my comp.

When I tried to turn this feature on nothing showed onscreen. I then relized there is a new driver out for XP x64 so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with the new one. Now while in CS:S the line appears....so the only thing left to do is run the benchy and see....Ill keep ya all posted on results
thanx all

JustChill said:
When I tried to turn this feature on nothing showed onscreen. I then relized there is a new driver out for XP x64 so i uninstalled the driver and reinstalled with the new one. Now while in CS:S the line appears....so the only thing left to do is run the benchy and see....Ill keep ya all posted on results
thanx all

Hopefully it is fixed!

I got a low score also and i am running sli 7800gt's . my first score was 4100 on 3dmark06 . i went into the nvidia control panel and shut off all the antialiasing stuff. set sli rendering mode to- splitframe rendering .and image settings to high performance. and i got a score of 6503 using those settings.

could try messing with those settings and see if you get a higher score..

Well I removed the old drivers and intalled the new ones and overclocked my cards (they now overclock a little higher) and ran the CS:S stress test with all the eye candy on full and tgot a hefty 188fps........ so I thought I would try my luck with a run on 3DMark06......

I left my VCore a little high from my 2.95ghz clock.....oops whatever temp never broke 34c and chip is on the way to full folding dedication....im rolin the idea of a pair of 8800 and some conroe love.....we will see what platform nvidia will come up with for conroe before the big AMD rollout late next year!!!!!!!

Thanx for all the help guys!!!!!!

Back