• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when it rolls a bit slow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

im doubtful about where would be thr proper forum for this question. hope it fits in here.
when i roll up and down some websites in my IE window the contents of some of them will roll slow at some parts of the page. it happens here in the forum. i dont know but it seems to happen when there r too many links and images, i dont know this exactly.
what does it cause this?
its not screen refresh rate and i guess have seen some modification when played around with the virtual memory settings, but aint sure actually.
thanks.

Dark Illusion said:
Disable "smooth scrolling" under tools->internet options->advanced->browsing

ill try that but wont i lose that arrow to move the page using the mouse movement?

Oni said:
Its some people's huge avatars, mostly the animated ones. I turn them off in my preferences.

its not oni. actually they wont even run when scrolling up and down the page, they just stop. it happens into other websites too. otherwise i agree with u about the size the avatars have got lately. they r really slowing down the pages a lot!
im not going to disable smooth scrolling for now. today got no problems on any page and think i will lose that arrow to scroll the page using the movement of the mouse if i disable it.

Last edited:
Back