• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SMP Folding......this is the way forward!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Do you have a universal binary client, or are you usiing parallels? I could put my macbook to fold...

LandShark said:
results guys?? :rolleyes:

What results are you wanting? As a beta tester you should know that not a lot can be said about the SMP client in public forums until it goes open beta (public release). There are plenty of threads at FC forums that you have access to. Take a peek at those. :)

I'm looking forward to trying out this myself, since I installed 64 bit Ubuntu on my cheapo C2D folder I built recently right before leaving for work last week. First I will have to figure out how to fold in Linux, since I'm a total Linux noob though.:shrug:

Oh, bummer. I was gonna boot my 805 via knoppix and create a persistent home and run it that way but the proc isn't 64bit. And no talking means us poor peeps can't live vicariously through you rich peeps.

muddocktor said:
I'm looking forward to trying out this myself, since I installed 64 bit Ubuntu on my cheapo C2D folder I built recently right before leaving for work last week. First I will have to figure out how to fold in Linux, since I'm a total Linux noob though.:shrug:

Check out Ivoshiee's " Guide to running the Linux SMP Client from Terminal" thread, as well as checking his very excellent tutorial on using finstall.

:)

belorsch said:
Oh, bummer. I was gonna boot my 805 via knoppix and create a persistent home and run it that way but the proc isn't 64bit. And no talking means us poor peeps can't live vicariously through you rich peeps.

belorsch,
If you're talking about a Pentium D 805, it IS 64 bit.

;)

ihrsetrdr said:
Check out Ivoshiee's " Guide to running the Linux SMP Client from Terminal" thread, as well as checking his very excellent tutorial on using finstall.

:)

Thanks for the second link, ihrsetrdr. :D

I did looks at Ivo's guide yesterday and it looks pretty straightforward. But I won't be able to actually do anything for another week at least because I'm presently at the rig at work. Sometimes work is a four letter word. :shrug:

At least until the bills come due.

Back