• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microsoft is buying Capcom??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I don't think that Capcom would really ever sell out to MS. At least I hope not. It would be bad for the industry if they did, as they are a very large development studio.

Keep in mind, this would also be horrible news if it was Nintendo or Sony wanting to purchase them as well. It's not just 'cause it is MS we're talking about here.

I would rather hope this to not come about. I myself love the MegaMan series, but I will not buy a 360, which is what it would look like would be coming about (Capcom games exclusive to 360)

There was the article about Cap going multiplatform with ALL of its games due to increased costs. And it alleged the CEo of Cap said it in a business meeting and that even DMC4 would be multiplatform.

Its hard to tell what is truth with these kinds of things. I'm all for the multiplatform thing and think MS buying Cap would give them too much power. This generation is looking to be a very balanced one and I'd hate to see MS do what Sony did last gen.

of all the game companys to buy they have to think about buying my favorite?

go away M$, i dont like you and your crap games

Niku-Sama said:
of all the game companys to buy they have to think about buying my favorite?

go away M$, i dont like you and your crap games

lol, me thinks the irony of your favorite games being MS crap games might be worth an imbalance in the force:D

CGR said:
I could live with RE on the X360 :)
QFT.

RE On the 360 would own. Sweet graphics and sound... the large cumbersome controller causing you to panic when you're button mashing your way out of danger. :D
Any intelligent person who owns a 360, owns the small controller.

And M$ makes good games IMO... well... they don't make any games, but they do own many good developers. :p

Shell said:
QFT.

RE On the 360 would own. Sweet graphics and sound... the large cumbersome controller causing you to panic when you're button mashing your way out of danger. :D

And M$ makes good games IMO... well... they don't make any games, but they do own many good developers. :p

They would take RE to s**t. They may make good games, but they couldnt make a better RE.

If this is true, I will be so mad. I will write them a letter.

Last edited:
nvidiaOCmaster said:
They would take RE to s**t.

If this is true, I will be so mad. I will write them a letter.

And then Peter Moore will crumple it up and use it to wipe his bottom.

I don't think it'll happen. It would be a huge blow to the industry as a whole to lose Capcom to Microsoft. Think about how many multi-platform games that we will lose if they get purchased. This would also generate a severe loss in revenue for Capcom. As it stands, Capcom makes money from all three major players. If MS buys them out, they lose two thirds of their revenue. It makes it not profitable.

It's just rumors right now. I think it'll stay that way.

Shell said:
QFT.

Small controller? The Duke has been dead for years dude. There is no big controller for the 360.

Back