• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tips for an AW9D-Max Build???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LuminoZ

So I did it. I ordered all my goodies...

AW9D-Max
e6600 (had this)
Corsair XMS2 2 GB 4-4-4-12
Two Seagate 320s
the 1900xt and PSU in my comp now...

Just wondering if any of you have any tips suggestions to impart for me on this build pertaining to the board.

Thanks!

Your rig should be fine. I just hope that abit starts cranking out better bios's for this board

Agreed, it has been two months since Abit released a new official bios for this board. Don't expect anything over 400fsb with this board.

Yeah thats what killing me, I know this board has SO much potential. its just the freakin bios's. That aside mine has been rock solid stable since day one at least

Components look good. My only advice is to upgrade to the most recent BIOS (hopefully version 1.3 will be available by the time you get your AW9D) and once you get up to about 375+ FSB, add a little MCH voltage. I use 1.6v at 400 FSB.

Sweet! Yeah im going to be using the stock CPU heatsink until xmas, I bought myself a big enough thanksgiving gift as it is. LOL :D Everything should get here friday. :) Gotta love newegg shipping.

Is everyone using the OC utilities, (in windows) or in BiOS?
Sorry this is my first intel build. (I R N00B)

Watch temps and go real easy on the vcore until you get a better heatsink. I sometimes use the uGuru (Abit's overclocking program) just to quickly try various settings. But, using the BIOS to O/C is definitely the best route once you kind of figured out the limits with uGuru.

Is there a specific place I should get MOBOMON from or just google that?

Anyone know why the numlock on/off at boot setting doesn't work?

Last edited:
Back