• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where Have All The 16mb Cache SATA Drives Gone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I can't seem to find any HDD with 16mb Cache onboard I did have 2 webpages with the drives I wanted. The WD 160GB Caviar SATA 16mb HDD and the 74gb Raptor with 16mb cache as well. Now every Uk based computer shop dosn't have hardly any 16mb HDD's in there's a maxtor drive here & there.

But I am not a keen fan of Maxtor had problems in the past with them have they stopped making HDD with 16mb cache or something.

Maxtor has been bought out by Seagate. All of thir older models might still be sold around , but no longer are manufactured. The brand will be around and will be used by Seagate as Value brand. All new drives under Maxtor brand e.g. DiamondMax 20 has Seagate guts in them.

You can look at Baracuda 7200.10, all SATA/PATA drives from 750-320 cpacity will have 16MB buffer. 250GB comes in two flaword 8 and 16.

Cheers Fr3@k3r I'll go with a 250GB one instead a little more than I wanted for a slave drive but you never know when you'll the space nowadays.

Hmmmm perhaps 320GB might be a nice slave drive just ordered a Raptor 74GB to slam XP Pro on and my programs. Just bought along with the offical WD SATA cable and a super low quite HDD cooler x2. I have to wait 3 days for it to arrive the raptor but just put in a order for a 320GB for my slave man do I need more music.

yeah, always nice to have the space, i got a 74 raptor and 200g right now, once i get some money into the bank so i can use my cc 2 x 500G drives coming! for raid 1 for my pictures and docs and stuff.

Back