• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metal gear Solid 4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
heh, i guess i can make one more post before i hit the sack. :D

god, i love those trailers. i'll eventually get a PS3 for that game ALONE. i can't wait to try that one out. not only does it look beautiful, they brought back the whole cammo thing that they had going on in MGS3.

looks like this one could be a real challenge too!

and the story...oi, i can't wait! ahhh, the idea that snake dies/kills himself. i nearly crapped myself when the showed the part of him sticking the gun in his mouth.

i'm looking forward to MGS4 more than FF13! ( and for me, thats saying alot ).

Its going to be nuts. I hope the actual gameplay is like that. Emergency hiding from those creppy ***...things with you're active camo.

I hope it has a good CQC system, Im currently playing MGS3 substience, and I love CQC.

http://www.psm3mag.com/page/psm3?entry=mgs4_theorists_check_this_out

While googling, I found that. Intresting as hell.

I googled "Snake Decaying MGS" and it was the first result. Why did they say he is decaying in the tralier? My first thought on it was that he was a clone, and Im pretty sure somthing was mentioned in the first MGS that he ages 2 times more than a normal person.

But if that is true, and the new one really is decades after MGS2, wouldnt Meryl and Naomi be like 50-65 years old? They looked about the same age as snake in MGS1, so I would think they would have aged some...

Kojima knows how to keep his fans riled up, doesn't he?

soooooo many questions to be answered. and so many more questions will pop up due to this game.

hmmm, but that article about the face being part of the camo suit...very interesting. i didn't notice his face do that in the video. but then again, i WAS paying attention to the suit, and not his face....

when i get home from work, i'll have to check out that video again.

thanks for the link!

rainless said:
It looks like that game is going to shut up a lottttttttttt of people.

huh? thats going WAY over my head. heh. how's it going to make alot of people shut up?

i'm just kinda confused at that statement. trust me, there is no sarcasim in this post...i'm honestly confused. heh.

nvidiaOCmaster said:
Rainless; Explain you're statement, we don't understand.

Yeah I gotcha... not as available as I used to be :)

I meant that Metal Gear Solid 4 should shut up all the people who've been mindlessly rambling on about how the PS3 isn't as powerful as it's chalked-up to be, and about how the PS3's graphics are barely better than the 360's. The word "barely," while I'm at it, is quite variable. You could say that the original X-box's graphics were "barely" better than the PS2's... but you could also replace the word "barely" with "unquestionably," "distinctly," and "noticably..." and still be right. I suspect it will be more the same dynamic between the PS3 and the 360. The PS2 was able to hold its own against vastly superior hardware... and I suspect the 360 (while the difference isn't AS grandiose, I admit), will do the same.

But let's not kid each other about which is the superior system in terms of hardware...

yeah this is going to be one of the best looking games ever. I still can't believe how good they made MGS2 look on PS2. It should have the typically awesome gameplay of the MGS series as well.

I'll probably end up getting a PS3 and a HDTV to play this, FFXIII and the new GT.

Maybe it's just me, but from what I saw of those videos, it didn't look to be in game footage? It definately could be prerendered...

Elif Tymes said:
Maybe it's just me, but from what I saw of those videos, it didn't look to be in game footage? It definately could be prerendered...

Guess what chief: It ain't.

Yes, the TGS video displays gameplay graphics.

they will most likley be better than the extended tralier(IMO)

I am so into the MGS story....Its going to be hell waiting for this game...

Will it be the last one?

Elif Tymes said:

Looks along the same lines as GRAW and Crysis imo, so easily in game graphics.

Back