• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metal gear solid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UltraTaco

Series

Added:
any one played the series? I only played metal gear solid, the one for ps1. Later ones looked very neat, but at that point, I was mostly a PC gamer and didn't get ps2, ps3, etc. I did watch my cousin play little bit of MG5: pp, but my impression was the story was getting overly confusing and hard to follow. I'll probably watch it still.

Yesterday, I decided to watch playthrough of the series, quite exciting how graphics moved up a notch. (I wont be playing them.) I saw MGS3, and I think it kind of seemed to take James bondish type spin with the woman. :shrug: and ending seemed a bit "action movie" goofy. Watching #2 now.(out of order, what's with rhat??)

What are your thoughts on the whole thing? Anyone think they'll make any new ones since kojima left?

Last edited:
Snake Plissken ripoff!!!

Only halfway interesting character in the whole series is Quiet - for obvious reasons [emoji16]

What about otacon? I thought he was cute! Very interesting character

Ah, okay, so..metal great according to taco.

MGS 1 was the most immersive experience, at least to my middle school mind. That's when I was playing it theough.

MGS2, finished watching it today, what a mess:shrug: while I do enjoy brain inverter techniques to rattle, this one is taken up a notch to a point where it's not enjoyable anymore. Too many plot twists. Ending was terrible, not at all satisfying! It did have some good humour moments matching the original in a way.

#3, struck me as a James bond movie with those endless woman encounters and dirty scenes. Ending, like I said earlier felt like a rush attempt to wrap things up because they dragged on for too long and had to finish quick?

#4- terminator movie? Just started watching it. Poor watermelons..I think it's pretty neat actually!:D got some random scenes..
View attachment 204067
I like how they keep it 'more believable'..:shrug: in a way
Definitely a lot different from predecessors

Wow!! Meryl MERYL IS HERE!!:clap:

Last edited:
Alright, so I finished mg4. Out of the whole series, probably #1 and 4 are the best. Really enjoyed how all characters came back to reunion. It was a little annoying, once again, how there are too many plot twists. First, they want to kill you, then you succeed, and it was their plan all along, gimme a break. Also, a bunch of supernatural stuff is a little over the top, and those "BoobworX" were a little overdone. Why are always all women walking around half unzipped up there?:p

Let's see... I think I beat the first two if I remember right (and the original Metal Gear for NES).

I have Metal Gear 4... but I've never had time to play it. Actually I have Metal Gear 5 as well because everybody on Playstation Plus has it for free... THAT one I never even thought about installing. I even having Metal Gear Rising Revengeance.

It's hard to play something like Metal Gear now... gaming has come such a long way. I'd love to play the original a few more times. It was pretty simple and not too long once you got past all the text. With each sequel it became like a 68 hour odyssey... and I just don't have that kinda time anymore. I prefer to play something like Uncharted or The Last of Us where I can actually SEE a light at the end of the tunnel.

Those games... of course... owe a LOT to Metal Gear Solid. So if you miss the spirit of the original, but don't feel like getting ***-deep into Kojima World... then I'd suggest picking up the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection. All the adventure... NONE of the text!

Yeah, I just wanted to catch up, see where the story went. I did game the first one for PS1.

Why is that?

(We can still be friends, right?)

Last edited:
Back