• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

680I Vs P965

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tyler_bishop

Disabled
Ok... The 680I is bad *** nvidia.. and the P965 is an amazing intel chip.. But you cant get the matrix raid with the 680I which is what I bought 3x Seagate 320 for... whats the pros and cons of both boards.. Id like to hear from the owners.. all opinions welcome..

It depends, really for whats in your sig., unless you plan on adding another 8800 some time soon (or ever) then 975X is what you should be checking out really.

You can always wait for RD600 we have no idea what kind of raid setup they will have, and since the board was developed with Much intel help, it could have Matrix raid, if we are lucky.

I will be annoyed if i have to choose between rd600 and matrix raid.

Whats your CPU frequency goal?

Most 975X mobo's will do for a E6600 (9 multi)

I am just curious.. I am guessing there are none yet.
But any Benchmarks with the Raid on the 680i?
Would be best if they were with 7200.10s

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am trying to decide on a mobo as well. I will be using the e6600 and a possibility for SLI later on. Would that mean I would want to stay away from the p965? I saw that some of the p965 have 2 pci-e x16 slots doesnt that mean you can run SLI, or no? I was confused by this.

Nvidia is considering unlocking SLI on Intel chips, so the possibility is up in the air. Just need 2x PCIe x16 slots.

Charr said:
Nvidia is considering unlocking SLI on Intel chips, so the possibility is up in the air. Just need 2x PCIe x16 slots.

After the performance NV got out of the i680, I kinda doubt they will release SLI on Intel chipsets personaly.
But :beer: :beer: :beer: for hoping.

Back