• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS P5Q3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozz1

hi all , thought i might get some opinions on this, i found this in a throwout on the street, 2 actually, both in antec cases, 1 is the p5q3 board and the other was this, and it works like a cracker,

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M2NSLI_Deluxe/HelpDesk/

i have 2 M3A32WIFI DELUXE am2 boards but both no go from when i bought them, still trying to get hem sorted as one of the best am2 boards from what ive read you can get, anyway the P5Q3 wont boot, powers up, fans spin up, then stop, then powers up and the fans on the cpu and gpu keep running and not boot, tried different known working cpu, gpu, ram, bios flash, bios chip, re timmed the NB and SB, new heatsink tape on the vrms and still the same deal, i cant see any physical evidence of a board failure anywhere like a blown vrm or anything like that, all the tracks on the board look good, the board itself all over looks good but she just wont boot into bios,
any suggestions is greatly appreciated
thx ozz

Hey Ozz

You seemed to have thought of just about everything. You may want to take everything out of the case as see if there is a short somewhere? The power supply maybe bad?

thx for the reply, its out of the case n on the bench rig which has plastic stand offs and fibre washers on the stand offs , the psu is a new enermax platinum 1350 watt, everything else works with it, so im pretty sure the psu is not an issue, its got me beat this one :eek:

what im thinkin is theres a internal board short somewhere but theres no evidence of it

That sounds entirely plausible. If you have examined it carefully and don't see anything that looks bad, it may well be a bad board.

Is it possible that something isn't seated correctly? Did you miss plugging in a connector somewhere?

I'm a gambling man and I'll wager you may realize that something that was "simple" maybe "forgotten". I spent a good two and a half hours last week trying to figure out why a perfectly good desktop had a keyboard that went bad. I tried two different keyboards that didn't work (later test on another computer where they did work). Tried a restore point.

Nothing worked and I have been informed that the "computer doctor" thinks it is something with Windows 10. They seem to think that a Windows update caused a driver conflict issue.

We can't fix them all.....

BTW - I'm a huge Three Stooges fan. Great Avatar!

thx and im not a gambling man, but each to their own, as the old man used to say whatever rings your bell, all connectors are in , (macsbeach98) pete or golden fingers as i call him has looked at it too and its got him stumped, if hes stumped with it ive got no chance lol, i havent got w8 nor w10 and im not interested in it, w7 will do me, they had enough drama gettin that right, xp was the best ever , just needed to update specifics with it, but no they went to vista, fail, but had all the traits of a good system, w7 first up , fail, now w7 good, w8 fail, now w10, not for me sorry w7 ultimate which i have on my daily, benching i use xp and w7 thats it, i read somewhere b4 about someone having a wireless issue with keyboard and mouse with w7, i have the same here and i have no probs thru a usb thing, it reads it and goes straight up and im typing and using it now to post this, but im not tech savvy in software to start with, so i dont know the ins and outs of it

sorry and yes the 3 stooges were basically the start of comedy all those yrs ago that i remember in my era, im 60 this yr, and he 3 stooges was a must watch when we had tv, curly was always into mischeif 1 way or the other lol, see here in ozz we didnt get tv till 1956, then colour in 1070, so you blokes over there were way in front of us here

Last edited:
funny people, and made the world laugh for so many yrs

tryin to post on here is startin to do my head in, sometimes yes sometimes no, maybe there somethin set wrong but i dunno or am i not looking in the right place to reply?

tryin to post on here is startin to do my head in, sometimes yes sometimes no, maybe there somethin set wrong but i dunno or am i not looking in the right place to reply?

Hey Ozz, if you have any strange issues with posting feel free to make a post in the Mod Hotline section (here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/239-Mod-Hotline) and any of the mods/admins can assist you with posting or any issues you are having with the site!

aah cool thnx janus, will do man , dunno what was goin on there, im sure its me, very hard to get around here from where i came from:thup:

would it be possible for someone to try help me with this P5Q3 problem im having, im pretty stuck on what more i can do with it, thx :thup:

Back