• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6600GT to 7600GT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Will I see a significant difference between the two? I have been looking up to upgrade and this is in the 120-150 price range. So do you think its worth the upgrade?

Can't use the step-up program because I lost the original HS.

Rydis said:
Will I see a significant difference between the two? I have been looking up to upgrade and this is in the 120-150 price range. So do you think its worth the upgrade?

Can't use the step-up program because I lost the original HS.
Thats a good upgrade , the 7600 gt blows the 6600 gt away

freakdiablo said:
one question. why is this in the ati section? and yes, good upgrade.

Thats is a very good question. Can someone move this please. I must of accidently clicked thw wrong sub forum. :bang head

no problem, we all make mistakes. but if you can wait, wait a year or two, dx10 cards might drop that low.

that would require an upgrade to vista though would it not? Not an operating system I want to pay for within the next year or so. Though still something to think about.

you do need vista to run dx10 though, as microsoft isn't releasing dx10 for any other operating system.

dx10 cards will still outperm dx9 cards for dx9 games, i assume, but the 'dx10' part of the equation is useless for anything but vista.

InThrees said:
you do need vista to run dx10 though, as microsoft isn't releasing dx10 for any other operating system.

dx10 cards will still outperm dx9 cards for dx9 games, i assume, but the 'dx10' part of the equation is useless for anything but vista.

thats what I thought.

yah i just got one for 50 AR on bf its noticably better but not solve all ur video problems better

see my sig i went from a 6600GT to a 7600gs and i am very happy with the upgrade so i would say for sure that a 76gt would be a very nice upgrade!!

Back