• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No visual at boot, tried everything, v annoyed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KNO3

Hi,
I have an AMD Athlon 64 3500+, ASUS A8N-SLI motherboard, and an ASUS EN7900 TOP graphics card, when I forst put them all together, it was working fine. I fist overclocked my CPU, everything turned out fine, I then overclocked my graphics card, everything turned out fine there, but quite soon after overclocking (but not immidiately after, quite a few days, and boots later), I lostall visual at boot, and I only regain visual once windows loads up its GUI. I have tried many things to get rid of this problem, I have reset my BIOS, (took out battery and moved reset jumper) that all seemed to work, yet did not fix the problem, I innevitably had to hit F1 on first boot. When windows booted, I checked my CPU clock speen and it had gone to its orrigional value. So it deffinately did reset.
I used rivatuner to OC my graphics card, and that only overclocks once windows boots, so I cant see that that has made any difference. SO what is going on???
I would be very greatfull to anyone who can help me with this, thanks very much!!!

KNO3

I can't think of a good reason a card would not work prior to loading Windows but work fine afterward. However, and this may be a silly suggestion, have you tried reseating the video card making sure it is seated properly (i.e., perpendicular to the motherboard)? If it used to work perfectly simply reseating it may fix the problem but if it has warped over time (which could occur for a number of reasons) you may need to devise a brace for it.

FWIW, I was having intermittent problems with the video on a play machine but the brace I made this morning seems to have fixed it. (I've got a few other changes planned for this machine so if the fix continues to solve the problem I'll make a cleaner "permanent" one out of thinner acrylic rod. The 3/4" stuff I had on hand is way to big.)

Attachments

• 2006-11-25 001s.jpg
    2006-11-25 001s.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 69
Mine have done that before. Does your monitor go into "standby" mode when it isn't on during the post? I had to turn my monitor off/on again to make i go.

Welcome to the forum:welcome:
Can you please give a little more info? Like what brand/make/model of your components in your system.. Like what most of us have in our sig.
What kind of voltages and temps you had before your dilemma..
In the bios, what are your 3.3, 5, and 12 volt rails reading?

Did you reset/clear the cmos?

If you get to, and can read it, you can figure a lot out of your Event Viewer. All of you guys, give it an attempt.
BTW, if you can see a POST, the card works.

OnDborder said:
Welcome to the forum:welcome:
Can you please give a little more info? Like what brand/make/model of your components in your system.
Hi, i did give information about my graphics card, motherboard, and processor,I didnt think that anything else was probably relavent. But, anyway, I sorted the problem, turns out that my graphics card had decided to not display startup on the default DVI out, and was only displaying on the secondary out, weired, seeing as it used to display on the default:~
Anyway, cheers for your help everyone, greatly apreciated!!!

KNO3

Back