• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Core Set Affinity

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

With a dual core CPU would it wise to set all the running services to core 0 (core 1) and then everytime I play a game set that to core 1 (core 2) and also set extreme programs like Nero to core 2 so it's using a complete to it's self.

As when doing my own movie it uses 100% of CPU %.

well, best way really is to just try it with benchmarks, heavy ones

set all services to core0, then set, say, 3dmark06 to core1, and see if it runs better than on core0...

core0 is generaly the better core for benchmarks like SPI (stronger single core OC), but I'm thinking your refering to multi-tasking and giving one core to your primary task. I would just try it and see if things run more smoothly.

greenmaji said:
core0 is generaly the better core for benchmarks like SPI (stronger single core OC)

I'd be very surprised (and quite interested) if this is the case, since there's really no difference between the cores. Do you have any links/threads about this?

I was thinking why there would be difference in any of the cores why would that be. Dual core CPU's wouldn't really give out proper performance and would be rubbish if 1 was in sync with the other for speed etc.

Back