• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ANOTHER PS3 game CANCELLED: Gran Turismo HD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
oh my god...

well now i can stop worrying about not having one. i'll consider a ps3 when they can get a true GT sequel out the door.

R.I.P. this doesn't look good for sony... :(

*edit*
Polyphony now intends to throw all its weight behind Gran Turismo 5 when this is done, although there's the possibility of more "Concept" releases between now and the fifth proper Gran Turismo title's release, which is expected in 2008.

From what I heard GT HD was a pile of crap anyways. You had buy the game and then pay for cars, tracks, etc, with REAL MONEY all online. GT4's insane difficulty was bad enough. If anyone found racing the POS Alfa fun in the license test, they need their head examined.

Ebola said:
From what I heard GT HD was a pile of crap anyways. You had buy the game and then pay for cars, tracks, etc, with REAL MONEY all online. GT4's insane difficulty was bad enough. If anyone found racing the POS Alfa fun in the license test, they need their head examined.

fun, no, satisfying when it was over, yes. :)

LOL (cry)

IIRC that Alfa Romeo test (follow pace car) is where i was (and still am) stuck on that game... i like(d) to think i was good @ driving games, but that test rips me a new one EVERY time :cry:

too bad about GT HD .. although even if it did exist, i would NOT pay $$ for cars/tracks :rolleyes:
nor am i going to pay the $$$$ for a PS3 any time soon!!

Joe Camel said:
too bad about GT HD .. although even if it did exist, i would NOT pay $$ for cars/tracks :rolleyes:
me neither..i WAS under the impression that it would end up being like a upgraded gt4...

pay to play is lame...i don't see me ever changing my opinion on that.

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT DAMNIT!

JESUS CHRRRRRRRRRRRRIST! I'm going to have to get together with Fudge on the weekends and send Sony hatemail...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I don't care if it was an HD GT2... Sony can't afford to make mistakes like this... SONY can't afford to make ANY mistakes... You just don't make mistakes when every system you sell is costing you 300 bucks. You lean on every developer you ever made a dime for and tell them "You owe us... BIG. We f'n MADE YOU. Now you're gonna come to the rescue." And you just do that times fifty and you win the war.

YOU DON'T CANCEL GRAN TURISMO!!! Not even if it's Granturismo 1.6 HD.

DAMMMMMNIT!

I gave up on the alfa track and haven't played it since. Too frustrating. Too pointless. No real driver could ever do that track perfect in that piece of crap either.

That was gonna be one of the main reasons for me to purchase a ps3.That just made lean towards a 360 even more. Somebody needs to slap them

Oh Sony, way to mess it up.

I still don't know the name of any title for PS3 besides the pre-rendered-bull**** Killzone (might as well be killzone 2 because the first one SUCKED).

Sony is already hurting, and they're just going to bleed even more from this blunder.

That's ages away I don't want to see crappy demo versions between now & then I want the next GT5 and using the PS3's full power. I am thinking of getting a 350 even more now just finished Gears Of War and loved it was great fun hopefully they'll be more games just as good in the future for 360.

Adragontattoo said:
Rumormill is spun up thinking that Sony is done with the Console market after the debacle the PS3 has been.

I had read that too. I would think they'd have to have more than one failed system though in order to give up, it's not like NEC, SNK or Panasonic who tried once and failed. They've had 2 successful consoles despite their problems. Sega failed on numerous occassions before giving up, as did Atari.

FudgeNuggets said:
I had read that too. I would think they'd have to have more than one failed system though in order to give up, it's not like NEC, SNK or Panasonic who tried once and failed. They've had 2 successful consoles despite their problems. Sega failed on numerous occassions before giving up, as did Atari.

Even all those other companies you mentioned had more than one system.

NEC had both the TurboGrafx 16 and the Turbo Duo. SNK had the Neo Geo and the Neo Geo CD. Panasonic had the 3D0 and some old thing I've long since forgotten.

It takes two CONSECUTIVE failures to take a system out of the hardware business. That's what happened to Sega and all the aforementioned.

the thing is, noone else has invested so much in a system. turbografx wasn't loosing $300 per system. ps3 can kill sony...hopefully it doesn't. :(

Back