• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii and Zelda, a recipie for fantasticness!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blueswitch

I just wanted to post that I am LOVING Twilight Princess! I just finished the death mountain dungeon, and people are are complaining about Wii graphics...I thought the lighting looks excellent in there. The way the lava was done, the light reflections off of Links sword, his shields emblem, his face....can Wii do HDR? or are they just going bloom crazy? I know the video card probably supports it since it's ATI X1xxx series but it is a gamecube build. I can't wait to get progressive scan cables....people who are worried about Wii graphics...no it's no 360...but the games will look just fine I have a feeling. Also the story and presentation in Twilight Princess I think is top notch.

Last edited:
blueswitch said:
I just wanted to post that I am LOVING Twilight Princess! I just finished the hell mountain dungeon, and people are are complaining about Wii graphics...I thought the lighting looks excellent in there. The way the lava was done, the light reflections off of Links sword, his shields emblem, his face....can Wii do HDR? or are they just going bloom crazy? I know the video card probably supports it since it's ATI X1xxx series but it is a gamecube build. I can't wait to get progressive scan cables....people who are worried about Wii graphics...no it's no 360...but the games will look just fine I have a feeling. Also the story and presentation in Twilight Princess I think is top notch.

hell mountain = death mountain

And yes, I believe the Wii can do HDR. Welcome to the addiction of TP, BTW.

blueswitch said:
I just wanted to post that I am LOVING Twilight Princess! I just finished the death mountain dungeon, and people are are complaining about Wii graphics...I thought the lighting looks excellent in there. The way the lava was done, the light reflections off of Links sword, his shields emblem, his face....can Wii do HDR? or are they just going bloom crazy? I know the video card probably supports it since it's ATI X1xxx series but it is a gamecube build. I can't wait to get progressive scan cables....people who are worried about Wii graphics...no it's no 360...but the games will look just fine I have a feeling. Also the story and presentation in Twilight Princess I think is top notch.

I just got to the 3rd temple....so far i am LOVING this game, and the graphics are nice.

I agree, I have Twilight Princess and have a hard time thinking about anything else lol! I'm definately addicted. After the jousting match with that nasty guy on his hog my jaw dropped! I love my Wii!

I love Zelda too but I don't understand why they didn't use any real voices in the game, its on a dvd so they had to have enough space for this feature, all the text is kinda disappointing but the gameplay is great.

Zelda:TP is essentially a port from GameCube. So that might explain part of why there are no voices, but I think it's probably because voice overs are not classic zelda and I imagine they didn't want to disappoint the "hardcore" crowd. :rolleyes:

Personally, I wish some textures were higher resolution, and there was better music (non-midi) and real voices. Either way, it's a great game (what I've seen of it, and soon will play myself).

I was a little skeptical about this game at first, but I just played it on my friends Wii and I say that if I wasn't affraid of dropping out of college I would buy it right now, but that being said I'm going to wait until christmas break.

It's "dead week" this week here, and then exams... exam week is a great time for video gaming. (btw, I'm in mechanical engineering, so if I can do it, I bet you can)

ps- it still is a good idea to wait for christmas break.

I'm in Mechanical engineering and i'll tell you exam week SUCKS for gaming lol. Burdman must be a genius. What year are you in?

Halfway through my junior year, I'm taking thermodynamics, dynamics of machines, fluid mechanics, a lab (spend 10 hours a week typing lab reports), an advanced statistics course, and a technical writing course.

I got lucky these past two semesters, all my exams are spread out and my average in all my classes is in the mid 90's. I don't get to game at all during the semester, so exam week I put an hour or two in a day... and that's what I consider "great" for me.

Anyway, this is getting off topic. Someone needs to talk more about Zelda so I can go back to wishing I had a Wii.

..well I'm in graduate school....it's just called self control...if you can't stop thinking about Zelda at home then grab your laptop and head to a coffee shop. I find Finals week good for gaming too....AFTER your exams...it's cold outside normally...other people arn't done yet so not alot to do.

anyway back to Zelda?...ok umm I just found out you can combine bombs with arrows....add in the crosshair system shooting system....oh boy is that fun....I can see the Wii's potential for FPS especially sniper modes.

Yeah it's my first semester of my freshman year so I didn't know what to expect as far as exams so I'm taking it easy, also I'm in computer science, but I'll see how easy it is and if there is gaming time there will be gaming then. :p

yah, i just got mine this morning, and picked up zelda with it. and i gotta say graphics, yes, you can tell its a gamecube port, but this is by no means a put down, these graphics are BEAUTIFUL .... for a game cube. they wont steal you away from the grafix in gears of war, but they will by no means diminish the experience. and i gotta say i was a little iffy about the controller for zelda, but after playing for a few hours, i have no complaints. its fun to pull out your sword, and slice away. the aiming is a godsend. over all it is just a flat out fun game, i cant wait to get more into it.

Ijust finished the water temple and I have to say.....wow...the story is much better than previous Zelda's, I think I agree with IGN this may be the best Zelda yet.

Back