• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need new monitor *clueless*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GunnerMan

Hey guys,
Well my old Planar 17" lcd had to go to the workplace because my pos gateways backlite died. Well that Planar is from 2000 so I don't know what companies are good etc.

I am looking for a 20" lcd that is decent for game play that im not going to spend to much cash on. Also what are your views on widescreen? They seem ok but the oddball rez seems like it may cause problems on some games etc? Are they a good choice or would I be better to stay with the squar style?:confused: Thanks

Why go for LCD, portability? desk space?

just make sure you consider CRT first, the color is better, not to mention you'll usually save 50+ bucks

I would go for THIS

I used that guide to change a backlight once. It doesn't really match the stock CCFL at the top of the screen, and isn't quite long enough, so there's a dark spot on the far corner.

As much as I hate to say it... you might want to consider a dell 2007fpw or is it wfp. They're reasonably cheap, espcially with all the Dell coupons that float around. Wide screens are great, havent affected any of my games so far. most new games support it by default anyway.

yeah i would recommened it as well, great monitor not to bad $$$ its a 16x10 and ive seen no ghosting or anything at all 16ms / 6ms

Well I went to he forbident bbuy store today and took a gander and saw an LG that looked ok, forgot the make but it was 19" , 2 ms etc etc. I almot bought it but im gonna take a look to see what I can find. I would buy one from the egg but im kinda in a rush to get back to my comp and am having a party this wkend :(

Back