• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wii Forcast Channel is live

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I just got sent an email (on my Wii. Would that be Wii-mail?) from Nintendo telling me to update my console, 'cause the Forecast Channel just went live today. I downloaded the update and checked it out.

It's actually really really cool! I highly suggest everybody go download it :)

Last edited:
yah, i updated. i was acually suprised that where i live, dayton, oh was on there. my hometown, youngstown isnt on there. but either way its pretty sweet.

It's secksey. Reminds me of Google Earth, though it's nothing like it, really.

I'm waiting on the News channel next and more importantly, the web browser, which is due to be released this Friday! :D

Crana said:
It's secksey. Reminds me of Google Earth, though it's nothing like it, really.

I'm waiting on the News channel next and more importantly, the web browser, which is due to be released this Friday! :D
this friday!? woaaa i thought it'd be released on the 26th!

""Nintendo confirmed that a “Trial version” of the Opera Web Browsers will be available starting from that 22.12.06 in Europe."

Not too sure about you Americans :p I'd be surprised if they let Europe download the browser first though.. I mean, we're always last when it comes to new things :(

:)

(Oh, and i added you.. but im really not too sure how i get your guy on my screen or anything like that :s)

NOThelagak said:
yah, i updated. i was acually suprised that where i live, dayton, oh was on there. my hometown, youngstown isnt on there. but either way its pretty sweet.

sweet. I live about 30 min. north of dayton. This will give me a fairly accurate reading of where i live. I doubt it will have Piqua Ohio, which is where i'm at, but Dayton is close enough!

Damn, this thing is sweet!

i really like the globe function! sadly, going to www.weather.com is probably faster, as i'd have to turn on the wii and load up the whole weather thing. But weather.com doesn't have the globe function! heh, god i love the wii more and more.

now i can't wait to see the news channel! would be really sweet if we can get the news in multiple parts of the country, or even different country's!

Edit: SWEET! They even show the temp of easter island! haha, thats awesome! at least, i find it cool as hell.

Last edited:
haha, one less reason to turn on my 360... haha. can you check weather on there? heck no. how much you wanna bet that there is a weather channel upgrade in the next ps3 firmware upgrade, and sony will say "we have had OUR weather channel in development for over a year, we didnt steal this from nintendo.... :rolleyes:

NOThelagak said:
haha, one less reason to turn on my 360... haha. can you check weather on there? heck no. how much you wanna bet that there is a weather channel upgrade in the next ps3 firmware upgrade, and sony will say "we have had OUR weather channel in development for over a year, we didnt steal this from nintendo.... :rolleyes:

OMG I'm going to get a Wii right now..... Did you buy your Wii or 360 to check the weather??? Would you buy a PS3 to check the weather? Maybe I'm old school, but I would rather play games online than check the weather.

The Forcast Channel was live in PAL regions before NTSC regions, so the update should be available to those across the pond.

Nintendo sent me a Wiimail regarding it, so you might have one as well.

genghisjohn said:
OMG I'm going to get a Wii right now..... Did you buy your Wii or 360 to check the weather??? Would you buy a PS3 to check the weather? Maybe I'm old school, but I would rather play games online than check the weather.

Totally agree with this guy. I mean really, it's a nice feature and all, but c'mon I bought a console to play games this is just worthless fluff to me. To slam 360 or PS3 for not having the ability to "check the weather" is kinda absurd.

This is something I don't get about Nintendo. They say the consumer does not "need" high-def or dvd movie playback....yet they spend all their time developing weather forcast channels and photo albums. Who "needs" to check the weather on a video game console? Seems kind of random and pointless.

Pollux said:
This is something I don't get about Nintendo. They say the consumer does not "need" high-def or dvd movie playback....yet they spend all their time developing weather forcast channels and photo albums. Who "needs" to check the weather on a video game console? Seems kind of random and pointless.
Not entirely pointless, some games use wii Forecast feature to change the in game weather, which is pretty cool in my opinion.

Back