• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best brand x1950pro AGP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mekks

ive been away from the game for awhile, last week my x800xl died and i really dont wana upgrade everything just to get pci-e. i really only play wow and a few other games nothing special.

from what i see there are 5 diffrent brand x1950pro AGP cards out for sale atm

im leaning twards sapphire due to the extra memory but ive had bad exp with them in the past (2 dead cards within a year) and bad c/s.

powercore looks nice but its not out yet and ive never owned one before.

the only one ive been able to find for sale and instock ATM is the visiontek, ive owned one before nvidia long time ago and never had problems

any ideas?

If you get the Sapphire replace the cooler and get some HS's for the voltage regulators.

I have the VisionTek. Save for the chipset driver issue I had in the beginning (turns out no drivers was the right answer), it's been a great card.

Post a link if you find any in stock Gods. prices are quite high right know.(Which I wouldn't mind as long as the things work.:)

I think I read your post on this kraftmayo, how did you remove your chipset drivers? In Add/remove programs?

I never did find a chipset driver on ASUS site. I wonder if its OK to use the ones on Intels site.

Couldn't get a 7800GS to work on my board a while back, hope it won't be a prob with this card.

Also any one familiar with Powercolor? The reviews are good but I never heard of them.

Last edited:
dfonda said:
I think I read your post on this kraftmayo, how did you remove your chipset drivers? In Add/remove programs?

Yeah, buddy. I just did the old Add/Remove to get rid of my chipset drivers, cleaned everything else out with DriverCleaner, and then installed the latest Catalyst drivers. Thing works like a charm.

dfonda said:
Post a link if you find any in stock Gods. prices are quite high right know.(Which I wouldn't mind as long as the things work.:)

I never did find a chipset driver on ASUS sitst. I wonder if its OK to use the ones on Intlels site.

Couldn't get a 7800GS to work on my board a while back, hope it won't be a prob with this card.

Also any one familiar with Powercolor? The reviews are good but i never heard of them.

nowt wrong with powercolor. they're a good brand.

as for chipset drivers, grab them here....

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1522

:)

Thanks for the info Kraft.
and the link from marc.

Still deciding on whether to get the 256mb (thats in stock right now) or wait to find 512mb

dfonda said:

I never did find a chipset driver on ASUS site. I wonder if its OK to use the ones on Intels site.

Also any one familiar with Powercolor? The reviews are good but I never heard of them.

You couldn't get a 7800GS to work with you mobo, that's weird, anyway, you should wait, and get the 512mb version, I would.

In this case the 512 cost the same as the 256 I found. In folding the 512 is recommended and I have read the 256 will be more inclined to stutter in games. But in my case I'm getting it to Fold faster.

Here is the link Gods... but again I have never dealt with the Co. before and it doesn't seem to have much history.

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/product.asp?ad=fg&pid=16749

I will post when I get one and it works, should be here on Fri,

EDIT:Well at least I got two confirming emails..... Delivery date is 1/8 though...:cry:

Last edited:
I've ordered a few things over the years from allstarshop. Never had a bad experience myself. Actually still running the 9500np/9700 I bought from them back when they were new in my son's pc:p

btw..what kind of gain if any would I see with one of these over my 68gt, in the system in my sig?

just ordered a x1950pro afp powercolor off ebay. its the first ones ive seen so far

btw..what kind of gain if any would I see with one of these over my 68gt, in the system in my sig?
buckbadly, a ton according to reviews.

Gods did you go with the 256 or 512? And post back when you get that thing going with a 3dmark 06 comparison.

Wish they all had the accelro cooler like the powercolor's.

ok well the ebay company i orderd from is out of stock and wont get more untill the 12th so..

went with newegg, they have the 512 sapphires in stock for 235$ best price ive seen on em yet

well i got my x1950pro agp 512 sapphire in, everything installed great but it has a problem when i reboot the pc, via windows or reset button. i have to power off for atleast 30 sec before it will come back on. no idea whats doing this

my brandnew 520w powerstream sli should power this thing fine

The Sapphire X1950 512MB AGP from Allstarshop I ordered is running OK so far.

Gods I only installed the driver. Not the CCC or the VIVO driver. Also went with the 6.11
Which ones did you install? If not the 6.11's try them.

EDIT I meant the 6.11'S

Last edited:
went with the new 7.1 or w/e that ati just put out. i just got home and my pc was running the hole time. now everything looks alittle wavy. i dunno whats going on

Back