• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where are the GForce 3 Games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

joey_rjm5

The following is something I cut and pasted from riva 3d. It makes a good point.

From www.riva3d.com

Where Are GF3 Games? - rossv @ 15:55 PST
I thought about writing a little article about this, but I'll just post it here in the news instead. The power and capability of the GeForce 3 has been touted for some time now, and we've all been eagerly awaiting that "next-generation of realism" to appear in games. SO where exactly are these games?

It's true that many are in development, and there's been a couple released recently, the most notable being Aquanox, but we've yet to see those blockbuster games that really push the limits of the GeForce 3 while delivering the content and playability features that make a game truly outstanding.

In reality, those games already exist. Unfortunately, you need an XBox to play them. Halo, Munch's Oddysey, Nightcaster, Dark Summit, Dead or Alive 3, and countless other XBox games are excellent examples of the real power of the GeForce 3. But if these games were released for the PC world to enjoy, there wouldn't be a compelling reason to buy the XBox. There's no doubt that we'll see these games ported over to the PC as the titles become a bit older for the Xbox, but in the meantime, we can probably expect the majority of the true GeForce 3 games to go the XBox way.

I HATE CONSOLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is exactly why they are not making any good realistic games for the pc

we have the technology.....
if anyone watches the movie for 3dmark 2000 or 2001 you would know that it is posible to make some awesome games.

personally i dont want these games to come out because then id have to buy a new graphics card, and i told my parents that my Geforce2Pro would last me through my sophomore year in college:rolleyes:

Just look at it like you would look like it as if you didn't have an xbox.:D

Watch me dance, I'm the puppet on Microsoft's string...

da de da da da

diddly de da dum dum do

I hate corporations.

funnyperson1 said:
personally i dont want these games to come out because then id have to buy a new graphics card, and i told my parents that my Geforce2Pro would last me through my sophomore year in college:rolleyes:

I think that's one of the big reasons they haven't come out yet. Ok seriously how big is the percentage of ppl who own a gf3 to people that don't. With consoles well duh they obviously have the technology needed to run the game. But pc's are so varied that releasing a game that pushes the geforce3 to it's limits would leave it unplayable for the rest of us. I think they're giving it time so that more people will upgrade to the higher end video cards.

True. That is probably it. I can't wait till gf3 games come out. I can't see myself ever getting an x-box. Maybe a PS2:) Those rock and I can play tony hawk for hours.

yeah there are some great console games that i wish would come out on the pc ( Grand Turismo 3 A-Spec!!!!!)
we have the technology to run those games and make them look soooo much better, i dont know if any of you ever got to use Bleem! but ill tell you what, psx games looked awesome even on a k6-233 with 64 megs of ram and a voodoo 3 2000

When game developers make games, they don't simply make it for the hardcore gamers who spend 100's every 3 months to get new video cards.

They are in the business of selling games and regardless of what a developer says the bottom line is whether people buy the product or not. Thats why these games are made to work across a variety of platforms and video cards. Of course you won't be able to push all the settings to the max unless you are using the newer cards.

It usually takes a while before games can utilize the newest video card technology. It's usually a vicious cycle because by the time a game comes out that optimizes the GF3, the GF4 will be the biggest thing out.

Back