• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gtx + 3007WFP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jsmooth65

Ok, I just ordered my 3007WFP to replace my aging 21" CRT. Right now I have a watercooled 7950GT which I will be upgrading to at least 1 8800gtx, the watercooled stock one from BFG. I play alot of CS:S mostly, is my experience going to be good with just 1 8800gtx at 2560x1600? Do I need to SLI them to use that res with max settings? Thx.

And yeah, I'll have to upgrade P/S for the SLI too. Its just money.

I think what I will do is get 1 8800gtx for now, and maybe get the bfgtech 1000W P/S to replace my OCZ 520W just in case I'm not satisfied. Should be fun watercooling those 2 suckers.

Jsmooth65 said:
I think what I will do is get 1 8800gtx for now, and maybe get the bfgtech 1000W P/S to replace my OCZ 520W just in case I'm not satisfied. Should be fun watercooling those 2 suckers.

You will find that the knowledged PSU ppl around here will say to avoid Topower (who makes the BFG PSUs)

If you are spending so much on a great vid card, don't skimp and get a second rate PSU

I've been out of the P/S debate since my last upgrade. I will avoid the BFG. My bad. So I think I will just stick with the Powerstream until I see how the 1 8800 works with that res on my cache of games.

Jsmooth65 said:
I've been out of the P/S debate since my last upgrade. I will avoid the BFG. My bad. So I think I will just stick with the Powerstream until I see how the 1 8800 works with that res on my cache of games.

Yeah, the powerstream should handle a single 8800GTX. If you need to get another, then you can upgrade the PSU

Back