• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ahhhh venting about Z5500s! impossible to purchase

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ares350

ive been looking for almost 2 months now. only places that have them are 400$, while many others are at 300 but out of stock. and shipments appear non existant. Ive been watching newegg closely, for a month they said theyd be in on january 26th, and so I waited. did they come? nope, just removed the ETA date and still say out of stock. if somehow they did come in stock and sold out immedietly, I sure didnt get an email from the autonotify.

I just want a set of speakers for what appears to be a reasonable retail price since there are a number of sites with it listed at ~300.

is there any news about these? are they out of production or what?

Microcenter has em so if there's a store near you call ahead. There was one just sitting there for about 350 taxed. I sat long and hard and decided not to buy it because the remote looks like a POS/Tyco controller.

yeah, dell has them, with a 6+ week wait, either their packaging department is manned by ants, or they dont REALLY have it, rather just drop shipping it from who knows where.

Ill try microcenter, 350 taxxed. whats that? like 380bucks. damn that hurts. better than 400 +shipping. wish newegg would just get the darn things, 330$ to my door. a month ago when I started looking they were 270, they went up 30$ at both newegg and dell while I was waiting for them to come in stock.

well I went to microcenter, walked out with z5500s for 350 including tax(330$ price)

happy to finally have them. didnt think theyd be so hard to get.

Having a hard time believing you "walked out" with time... more like hobbled out or pushed them out... they're heavy!

haha true, I did need a cart, and fitting them in the ol 2 seater was fun as well.

lol... I meant 350 taxed as in with tax. I was considering them like 2 days before you were. Tell me how the remote controller goes and if I should miss it. "psyche* never!!! lol. Have fun.

Just asking are u in GA? no chance u went to the same microcenter..

lol probably went to the same one in marietta as duluth was out of stock.

remote looks very 90s. but I have the xfi remote that Ill likely use primarily anyway.

Back