• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best 965 boards for ocing or any you think are the absolute best for the c2d's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkizzy

I know there have been several discussions about this, but which 965 board is truly the best deal for ocing potential? Feel free to give your fav 975 boards as well.

Also what is the opinion on this ab9 board for ocing?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127019

I couldn't remember if it was the p5b-e or one of the p5b deluxe's that everyone loves for ocing. I haven't been on here in a while. Thanks.

Last edited:
975X.. badaxe2 @ microcenter.. best performer right now

965P.. Asus Commando (P5B-Deluxe+) or Abit's quadGT (have only read rumor on this one but its close to the Commando and thats a good thing)

greenmaji said:
975X.. badaxe2 @ microcenter.. best performer right now

965P.. Asus Commando (P5B-Deluxe+) or Abit's quadGT (have only read rumor on this one but its close to the Commando and thats a good thing)
Second that.

Word on the street is that Commando can make some very loud and annoying whine\high pitched noise under CPU load. Still very appealing, with FSB reaching 2200.

what about that new Abit AW9D-MAX board thats out? of the QuadGT? Anandtech or whatever head a praising review on the ability of the quadgt I beleive but that aw9d max board looks quite interesting for a 975 board

A few instances of inductor wine, well I've seen multiple DS3's and a P5W DH have that issue right here on OCF.. It isn't anything but an anoyance and is a RMA'able issue if you run into it.

The BadAxe2 has a better rep. for performance then any other 975X desktop board currently for max FSB and performance.

For 965P boards I'm sticking with the Asus Commando reco.

havent tried the commando, but i heart my p5b deluxe. best board ive ever owned, because it still works after 3 months :) and its been rock solid to me, no problem, cept the double boot, but that was fixed :)

i would say the p5b dlx

i love badaxe II though .. currently runnning 450fsb ... better than what my crappy 680i did

madhatR said:
better than what my crappy 680i did
kunaaks notes over at xs i bet would have fixed ya up on the 680I.

on the badaxe2 what the max fsb you can use... since lasttime i saw a bios shot of the badaxe2 the max was 433fsb.

Evilsizer said:
kunaaks notes over at xs i bet would have fixed ya up on the 680I.

on the badaxe2 what the max fsb you can use... since lasttime i saw a bios shot of the badaxe2 the max was 433fsb.

nope they didnt help .. 2 680s died on me .. im going on my 3rd

my badaxe II is running 450fsb

and a bunch of xs guys are hitting like 460-480

madhatR said:
nope they didnt help .. 2 680s died on me .. im going on my 3rd

my badaxe II is running 450fsb

and a bunch of xs guys are hitting like 460-480
sorry i probly wasnt clear , i meant what is the max in the bios it would allow.. sorry didnt mean what max fsb you could run..my bad...

Evilsizer said:
sorry i probly wasnt clear , i meant what is the max in the bios it would allow.. sorry didnt mean what max fsb you could run..my bad...

dont know .. never went all the way .. u just hit enter .. then hit the + key until u get where u want

if you get the board now you can get a wireless card for free!!!!!

I think this this should overclock some what. Come on its Abit!

Back