• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is This a Good Deal, Geforce 6800 gt, - £62, ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Its says item no longer listed. That seems a bit high for a 6800gt, unless it is AGP which I can't tell. If its not get a 7600gt. You can get them new for less than that.

Is that a better performing card?

It is cheaper from new than the ebay one, if I'm not mistaken

the general consensus is that the 7600gt is a bit faster than the 6800gt. They are also highly overclockable (most of them anyway) Just watch out for the 7600gs which generally has much slower memory.

CrazyIrish said:
the general consensus is that the 7600gt is a bit faster than the 6800gt. They are also highly overclockable (most of them anyway) Just watch out for the 7600gs which generally has much slower memory.

plus 7600gt is newer and has better features. go with 7600gt , sister has one in her rig does a fine job playing games.

A lot of e-tailers (and retailers for that matter) that keep their own stock can't afford to drop the prices on the old stuff very much even though newer and better stuff is out. Get the 7600gt. Its a good card.

I don't know of any 7600gt models that come stock with that heatsink, so I would question whether or not it is really new. Unless were talking big savings I would go with a retailer. Just pick whichever one has the best rep. I'm on the other side of the pond so I don't know who's the best local to you.

The GS and the GT are 2 entirely different cards. I would spend the extra dough and have some piece of mind.

(edit)

Ok, not entirely different. One has DDR2 and one has DDR3. The pic on the ebay page says DDR3. Either this guy doesn't know what he has or hes trying to make his product sound better than it really is. (I'm betting on the former)

Last edited:
Back