• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When changing liquids in loop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OCnewbee

What do i need to do in the cleaning aspect of it? Pull all the blocks out and dissasemble them, and clean the inside, or should i just run diluted water throughout the loop till the water is cleear? I got new tubing on its way. uping fron tygon 1/2"id-5/8"od to 1/2"id-3/4"od. not worried about the tubing but the inside of the components. The iquid is blue right now but will be red.

follow the manufacturers reccomended method for cleaning blocks.

where do i get my hands on the diluted water? i needs me some'o that! :santa:

i would just open up the blocks. but the biggest thing is your radiator.

but im tempted to mix blue and red and get purple. IMO that'll look pretty darn kewl.

orionlion82 said:
follow the manufacturers reccomended method for cleaning blocks.

You know what i ment. :) Well the cpu block is swiftech and the 8800 block is an EK. I guess i can put some water in the rad and swish it around and then dump it out and repeat till clear. Gonna try out that new Fluid xp blood red Extreme stuff. See what it does.

As long as nothing funky is growing it hasn't been a long time between flush and refills, I would just flush with distilled a few times.

I personally take my setup and hook it up to the kitchen sink via a waterbed fill kit and force flush it out. I then just refill and flush a couple of times with distilled to get any residual tap water out, and then final fill. A bit of dishwashing liquid works great when force flushing like I do via the faucet to clean things out thoroughly.

orionlion82 said:
Just take some regular water and add water to it. I find a 1:1 ratio works well.

Otter said:
Just take some regular water and add water to it. I find a 1:1 ratio works well.

hahahaha!

voigts: Where would I be able to acquire one of these waterbed fill kits... minus the waterbed? I need a good way to clean out my loop.

Hmm, I already have one of those barbs... all I need is the adapter huh?

Think a hardware store would carry em?

Back