• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I never realized how important drivers are to o/cing!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaytalera

I have a FX5900 ultra that ive been running 77.77 drivers on. with that one i oced to 470(sometimes 460 in some games if it wasnt stable) on the core and 932 on the memory. i rolled back to 56.72 drivers and so far im at 475 and 950 and still stable!

now im concidering volt modding it. are there any guides to doing it?

daunsociable said:
I have a FX5900 ultra that ive been running 77.77 drivers on. with that one i oced to 470(sometimes 460 in some games if it wasnt stable) on the core and 932 on the memory. i rolled back to 56.72 drivers and so far im at 475 and 950 and still stable!

now im concidering volt modding it. are there any guides to doing it?

why in the world would you go to lesser drivers, u might be able to get higher clocks but i DOUBT that you get any where near the same performance. heck i dont even think the 5x.xx series supports that card.

Hmm...

i read somewhere a while ago that the 5xx.xx drivers were best for the 5xxx series cards so i did that and its working better then it ever did.

daunsociable said:
Hmm...

i read somewhere a while ago that the 5xx.xx drivers were best for the 5xxx series cards so i did that and its working better then it ever did.

well then then acording to that philosophy, the 8x.xx series would be best for the 8800's even though that series doesnt support the 8800s... and then what would the current 9x.xx and 10x.xx series support... believe us, get the latest driver from nvidia for the gforce and windows xp 93.71 and i can GUARENTEE you will get better scores in 3dmark03 05 and 06 than the 5x.xx series drivers and a higher oc...

Back