• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

are these temps ok how much farther can i go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaitlin4599

ok so i have a core 2 duo E8500 revision E0, overclocked 5 hours stable under prime95 at 4Ghz. max temps at load are 51c,with idle temps at 40c for core 1 and 45c for core 2. do you think i have enough headroom temp wise to push cpu to say 4.5-4.8Ghz, assuming i can get it that far. also are the temps ok should i push my cpu any higher. will update on what bios setting i used when i get home as im not near the pc to check them all i know at the moment is that my 4 gigs of ddr2 ram is running at a ratio of 1:1 and 2T

edit voltage for the CPU in bios is set to 1.325 anything lower at 4Ghz and pc wouldnt boot but pc was stable at stock volts of 1.25 at 3.7Ghz

my cpu cooler is a cooler master master liquid lite 120 AIO

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-lite-120/

I would aim for below 90 on the high end and for a bit more comfort below 80 when stress testing . ( as gaiming will never get as high as P95/occt)
What did you use to stress your system to get your load temp ? only 10deg from idle to load looks low to me .
Can you post a detailed lis of parts ? MB ram etc

Post some CPUz SS of Main / Mem / SPD tabs .

test with prime95 small fft's from 4am till 5pm no errors at all below is the info you requested edit the ram i listed in cpu-z as being 6400 but the sticker on the ram says 8500 not sure whats going on there also both ram slots have 2 gigs in each slot and both ram slots in cpu-z show the same info

cpuz mian.PNG cpuz mem.PNG cpuz spd.PNG

Do the timmings in the SPD table not work ?
What MB/chipset
Try 5-5-5-15 .
have you tested how far you can push the FSB .
You can set a low multi then see how far you can push the FSB then bring the milti / voltage up .

Do the timmings in the SPD table not work ?
What MB/chipset
Try 5-5-5-15 .
have you tested how far you can push the FSB .
You can set a low multi then see how far you can push the FSB then bring the milti / voltage up .

heres the link to my mobo also havent pushed the FSB past 4Ghz

gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EP45C-UD3R-rev-10

IMAG00577.jpg IMAG00578.jpg IMAG00579.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

in case you are wondering why the memory multiplier is at 2.00B aka 844 its because if i tried anything higher than 844 it was unstable

in case you are wondering why the memory multiplier is at 2.00B aka 844 its because if i tried anything higher than 844 it was unstable

That's because your DRAM voltage is too low.
2.2v is the spec for that ram.
Enable XMP. ;)

any idea what the max safe temp is for my cpu so i dont cook it
The guide shows 100C as TJMax for the e8400. Keep it 10C+ below that during stress testing.

Id really read that guide... again as it would have walked you through the memory overclocking too. :)

That's because your DRAM voltage is too low.
2.2v is the spec for that ram.
Enable XMP. ;)

scott idk if i can increase the ram to 2.2v because its in the color pink which leads me to believe that the ram would thus be over volted plus i dont think my ram likes to be overclocked the system fails to post/boot every time i overclock the ram so i may just have to leave it as is i doubt my ram running underclocked at a lower speed will affect me much in games seeig as how i built this pc to play games from the 2004-2007 era

Poppycock.
2.2v is the spec for that ram, regardless of what the color of the writing in the bios is.
Enable XMP.

how much further can i push my overclock

ok so i have a C2D E8500 cooled via a 120mm AIO overclocked to 4.0GHz tested stable for a full 24hrs using blend test in prime95 both hardware monitor and realtemp report max temps at 100% load are around 54c im wondering how much higher can i push this cpu in terms of cpu overclock speed before heat becomes an issue? i wanna push this as high as i can safely go before temps and volts become an issue below is pictures of my current bios settings as well as any other info you may need

edit my ram is 2 2gig sticks of OCZ DDR2 PC28500

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-EP45C-UD3R-rev-10#ov

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-liquid-cooler/masterliquid-lite-120/

IMAG00577.jpg IMAG00578.jpg IMAG00579.jpg

Back