• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7 compatabilty w/ P4 EE 3.2 & 3.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks I should of been more specific

I knew the P4 EE 3.2 would be OK per the abit website .....however I'm wondering if the 3.4 will be OK it's officially not "OK" per their CPU compatibilty
........and does anyone know why it's not on the "List" as compatible. Thanks for you that have been replying :confused:

Yes
The 3.4GHz Extreme Edition with 800fsb will work on the Abit IC7 and is all so listed as being compatable on the intel website

There is a thread here asking the same thing, read the whole thing or just look at his updated sig in post one :)

On a side note, I had an IC7-G, great boards.

I know what your saying, I sold my IC7-G about two years ago to a mate and its still going strong and its been OC'd since the day I got it.

3.4 EE Works ...but running hot

Thank you all for your help with the P4 3.4 EE yes it's working on the IC7 board. However winbond is reporting high temps? My 2.6 was running at 3.0Ghz and winbond said the temp was 44C(Volcano 7+) although it seemed very stable even under loads. Now winbond is saying 64-65C @ idle :eek: ? Still using the Volcano. Any ideas on getting this thing running cooler. I used Artic Silver 3 I thought it went on pretty similiar to the first CPU I did. Again thank you all for some much info on this matter...... Marcxs

Back