• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sometimes sound issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay okay okay. Here is my thought. If the problem happens after the computer is idle, try F@H. Keeps your basement warm for "not sleeping" and may get around the problem. Note that I said "around" and not "fix". Just a thought.

Otherwise, you tried other speakers but did you try a different audio cable? While not the most likely, if your cables are old and/or cheap and/or have been crimped or are crimped, and/or were flexed a lot, the stranded cable will break over time. If you haven't tried a new cable, try that. KIS principle you know? Keep It Simple? Or, try my first suggestion. We're in a race and could use any extra horse power for the week ending next Wednesday.

Last edited:
The more I read, the more I saw Realtek name come up. I went to MSI forum and started reading, a lot of posts said it had to do with "MSI center software" and deleting it solved this issue.

Same! Glad it's working for you again!!!

Can you elaborate on this? Did you reinstall Windows and now it works or.........................? What, exactly did you do???!!
Sounds like some MSI software was the problem.

Same! Glad it's working for you again!!!

Can you elaborate on this? Did you reinstall Windows and now it works or.........................? What, exactly did you do???!!
A month ago I was having problems with errors under the "event viewer", I never did find out why. So I decided to reload windows and all the programs, I still get the errors but don't give a :poop: right now. So a week ago the sound started to act up in the morning and after an hour it just started to work and keep working until the next morning. It turned out to be "MSI center software" that has a lot of different things for the MB, I only use the lighting program. After everyone here gave me ideas I started typing in "sound problems" it took me to MSI's site. A lot of people were talking about sound issues with their other MB, so I thought I should give it a try before I reload a different SSD. I'm glad it was this easy. :clap:
Post magically merged:

Okay okay okay. Here is my thought. If the problem happens after the computer is idle, try F@H. Keeps your basement warm for "not sleeping" and may get around the problem. Note that I said "around" and not "fix". Just a thought.

Otherwise, you tried other speakers but did you try a different audio cable? While not the most likely, if your cables are old and/or cheap and/or have been crimped or are crimped, and/or were flexed a lot, the stranded cable will break over time. If you haven't tried a new cable, try that. KIS principle you know? Keep It Simple? Or, try my first suggestion. We're in a race and could use any extra horse power for the week ending next Wednesday.
Don I tried a different set of speakers and the wire that went with them from my Win7 system that I know work. The Logitech speakers have a preparatory wire so I had to stay with that. I always TRY to keep it simple(you know old man brain)

Last edited:
Back