• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CoolBits problems with GeForce2 Mx400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zap3v

Registered
I decided to overclock my video card (Visiontek GeForce2 MX400) form stock settings of 166 mem/200 core. I did the CoolBits reg hack and restarted. Then when given the options to increase, the highest it will show on the CoolBits part of the display properties is 250 core and 100 memory. I know it's DDR so that 100 memory is really 200, but that isn't much, right? I have seen numerous screen shots all of which show the options of increasing much higher than this, into the 400s. Even if I can't get that high, shouldn't the option be there?

I set them all the way up and tested it out and got worse performance in UT. It was real choppy. So I took off the CoolBits enabling and it said I was at 200 core and over 300 mem on the CoolBits scale, but when I use the slide bar myself, it won't go that high. Basically, the default settings were much better than increasing the CoolBits options as high as they go.

I am using Detonator XP drivers. Any ideas? Thanks.

try the 22.50 DetXPs, these seem to be the best....also if coolbits doesnt work for you, try nvmax...

Back