• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More 79 series Agp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, they have only been out for about 2 weeks. I have an XFX 7950GT 512mb 550/1300 AGP on the way.

let us know how it scores, id be interested. I doubt you will get much of a performance increase over your 7800GS though as the Prescott's arent really capable of handling cards this powerful, unless your happy with 50fps or something. My 3700+ San Diego skt939 at 2.8Ghz couldnt really realise the true power of my 7900GTO and they offer roughly the same performance as the 7950 GT.

I actually bought it because I needed a new AGP card for my second rig, so instead of buying a cheaper card for it, I bought a new card for my main rig and will put the 7800GS in the secondary rig. From what I have seen from other people, I can expect about a 1500-2000 point increase in 3dmark05, and the main thing is I wanted the 512mb of VRAM. So, buying the 7950GT serves a dual-purpose, I don't expect miracles..lol

Back