• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Vista Goes black at install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Hey guys,

I went and bought a Vista Home Premium with my tax refund and I have a weird problem...

I start the Vista Installation (made a separate partition) and after the green bar that goes left to right and the windows is preparing files.... it goes black and nothing is on the screen.

My system:
s754 Venice 3200+ @ 2.6GHz 1.5v
Biostar TForce6100
1GB PC4000 OCZ @ 260MHz 3-5-5-8
60GB 5400rpm Maxtor IDE HDD
19" Widescreen HannsG HW191D Monitor
eVGA 7900GS

---

I just tested on my laptop and it installed fine...so any ideas?

EDIT: Look my laptop runs like a GOD on vista with that 1.0 :DD

Attachments

• VistaLaptop.jpg
    VistaLaptop.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
that index works off of the lowest number. since your gaming index is a 1, thats what you end up with overall. Its not an average. Otherwise, your system is pretty good for Vista. 3 seems to be the midpoint for Vista, you are above average.

Yeh this laptop aint bad at processing power....it's just any gaming and forget it lol.

Any ideas about my main rig computer and why it won't install?

Id say either a driver issue.. as inv ista not supporting something in your system.. or perhaps a bad DVDRom drive or dvd even.

My monitor is Vista compatible...that's what I thought it was first.

It can't be a bad DVD either otherwise it wouldn't have installed successfully on my laptop. That's why I installed it on this laptop because I thought maybe a bad DVD.

Last edited:
fldrice said:
Your overclock maybe interferring with the install. Set your bios settings to default and try again.

Oo! That did it!

Question then: When I overclock again, can I rerun the vista performance thing? Or is that it?

Deanzo said:
You can re-run it as many time as you like

Excellent.

That is kind of strange why it went black due to my overclock. It was totally stable...weird. I hope it won't have issues when it is installed.

I just bought this to try it out as my tax refund gave me some extra cash and I figure in the future I will be needing Vista so, might as well get it while I can afford it as the price won't drop at any point.

ps2cho said:
Excellent.

That is kind of strange why it went black due to my overclock. It was totally stable...weird. I hope it won't have issues when it is installed.

I just bought this to try it out as my tax refund gave me some extra cash and I figure in the future I will be needing Vista so, might as well get it while I can afford it as the price won't drop at any point.

It's always a good rule of thumb to install the OS @ stock settings for maximum compatibillity. Sometimes the OS install may hang while searching for a correct ACPI drivers that correspond to bus speeds and bios settings. However, I have installed XP numerous times on OC'ed systems without any fuss as long as the configurations were super stable (24hrs of prime95 & 24hrs memtest stable).

Back