• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x1650 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verizonguy

I was looking for a cheap upgrade for one of my computers that only has agp, so I picked up an x1650 Pro 512MB for under $150.

By default the speed is core: 600 / memory 400x2 (800)

I was able to oc the core to 729 keeping it stable and happy, but the memory clock doesn't appear to be able to be changed on this card. If I try to change it from 796.5 I get a striped screen and have to hard boot the computer.

Just wondering if anyone knows why this is, and if there is anyway around it. I hate to accept "can't" but am thinking this is one of those times.

Umm, ya, Ive had two cards with ddr2 @ 400mhz (This one and a x1300xt that died) neither of them overclocked past 420mhz. I just think thats as high as they go, they might go higher with a volt mod but I havent tried it.

overclock'ed out

Yeah I got my core to a steady 700Mhz (100MHZ over spec) using the zalman gpu cooler. The temps stay nice and low around 40C idle, 50C load. I can't get my memory to go even 6 mhz over the spec rating and even they have heatsinks on them. I've noticed in the past that when you choose the video cards with the bigger ram size (IE 512 over the 256) you tend to get the higher NS ram. I'm not sure if it's the quality or the lack of voltage but i'm already running 1.65V through my card. If you want memory overclocks stick with the smaller ram size.

Back