• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-M59SLI-S5 Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gigacloud

Hi everyone

I just purchased a new GA-M59SLI-S5 and AMD AM2.

The other system parts are a 7300le graphics and ocz ram.

I installed and turned it on and got nothing.

My new power supply is 580 watts, I thought I would check the power supply by installing it in my old pentium 3 and it started up instantly!!!!

Has anyone any ideas??:bang head :bang head

Last edited:
I set my Hardive to master which is a WD ata 100.

The DVD drive to slaver on the single IDE channel that this Mobo has.

Last edited:
I was checking out the pcie connector and it looks the same as a molex hardrive connector is it the same thing??

Everything looks tight. As for the HD/FD connectors on the MOBO I can see clearly it does not have them. What I do see is the 8pin 12V header that Gigabyte Used. I think it's only DFI that uses those extra connectors.
Any LEDs on or do the fans even move a tad when hitting the power?

You might have to pull the board from the case to test it, it's possible something shorted?

AlabamaCajun said:
Everything looks tight. As for the HD/FD connectors on the MOBO I can see clearly it does not have them. What I do see is the 8pin 12V header that Gigabyte Used. I think it's only DFI that uses those extra connectors.

You might have to pull the board from the case to test it, it's possible something shorted?

Thanks for the reply, the hardrive connector is shown in pic 3 with the green plastic and the blue gigabyte ata cable inserted into it.

When I hit the power button I can hear someting in the power supply turn on.
I tried the power supply in my very old Pentium 3 and everything worhed fine.

I didn't bother with the floppy drive as my case is a coolermaster atc-410 server style and it doesn't really have a floppy drive bay so I didn't bother installing it.

I can put pics up of the hardrive and dvd drive if you like??

AlabamaCajun said:

When you said DFI I can't remember what that is????

I checked the video card and the clip was locked.

Ok good, we know the PSU is good, now to eliminate the culprit!

I'm sorry DFI is a mother board a lot of people here used to use. On DIF Mobos, there are actually four pin "power" connectors on the board. Usually it takes one floppy style connector and one CDRom/HD style four pin connector. I can see that your board does not. So ignore this as I can tell your mobo does not have them.

Disconnect all drives and (PCI cards is present) leaving only the GFX card. Attempt a boot, the only thing we need to see first is the BIOS screen. This would indicate a problem in peripheral or card. Start with the HD then one by one add the others until the problem returns.

If still doing the same thing then pull the GFX card and just see it will start and beep (I think it will beep a few times tellng you missing video). Socket another video card, even a PCI just to see if bios will post. If it works (RMA the video).

Try to start with no ram, you want to do these one at a time.

At this point if you are sure the CPU is in the socket and all other items as in place then you need to test a differnt CPU in the board. Mobo or possibly the CPU is at fault. CPUs are hard to kill other than bent pins or way too much voltage.

Back