• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP Pavilion decision?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
HP laptops are nice :]

I had a HP compaq laptop solid it was 5 hours battery, but they're discontiued now,

Dad was going to buy a pavillion laptop but he got my old pc instead :p

I've heard good things about Macs but they can be quite expensive ;x

That is a very nice HP and is certainly loaded. The 2 gigs of RAM is especially nice. I've been researching HPs and I like their quality.

The only thing that saw was that the HD was a 5400 rpm and there is certainly a lot of software installed.

I am wondering if you could go directly through HP and do your own customization where it would come out around $1,500 (or less) but with a faster harddrive and/or better warrenty/protection.

Its a fine machine. You may be able to find a similar spec machine for less at Bestbuy, etc.

If you don't plan to game with the machine, opt for integrated graphics. They will give you longer battery life. And current IGPs are powerful enough for everything you need to do.

If you do game, a 7400go may not be powerful enough.

Back