• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Price check on comp, whats it worth do you think

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

syberspy9

What is this comp worth? to the general public, what is some one who walks into a comp shop going to pay for this.

SLK3700BQE Antec NeoPower 480W 2x120mm stealths
2.8C sp94/92mm Delta (fan controlled)
Samsung TCCD PC4400 2x512 DC
Chaintech 6600GT
80GB 8MB Segate Barracuda IDE
P4C800-E / SB HS/ ocz ramsinks on moffits
DVD+ burner, DVD reader, Creative EAX, mx1000, elite keyboard, Creative 5.1 5200 speakers, 17" Flat CRT.
(Windows XP Pro)

I am about to sell it and have no clue i built it when all of that stuff was top of the line and i had to pay 305$ for XP Pro =P

I dunno, if it was mine I would probably ask $450-500 more if I decided to sell it with a fresh install of XP. I'd say $650 is the max you could get for it, if you included all the disks, cleaned up everything, ect., and the buyer didnt know jack about computers. I mean, 3 minutes at the CompUSA's site and I found a C2D based HP with 1gb of ram and a 320gb HDD for $700 before the rebates.

It really depends on who's going to buy it. You said "someone who walks into a computer shop". Well, that could be anybody from a soccer mom buying a comp for her kids to a phase-owning, slightly insane from inhaling anti-freeze and refrigerant fumes, hardcore oc'er. Most people arent going to know that skt478 is dead, or appreciate the quality of the NeoPower over a standard dell or hp psu, or even know the difference between DDR and DDR2 memory. Craigslist if your friend for this one.

Back