• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

locking memory with P5B-E plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bastupungen

Registered
Hello!
I have a P5B-E Plus together with a C2D e6400 (Rev. L2) and kingston 667mhz CL5 memory. I have overclocked this setup to 2,96Ghz (365x8) and it is stable with ok temps. I want to go more but if I just increase the fsb with just 5mhz everything is unstable. I have tried to give a little bit more voltage to the memory and cpu but that does not seem to help.

So I think I need to lower the frequency of the memory to get further. But when I go to BIOS I can't find any way to lock the memory frequency or use a lower divider then I have (1:1). Does this motherboard not have any way to lower the frequency of the memory?

If not, is there any other way that I might be able to squeeze alittle bit more out of this setup? I have already increased the Vdimm to 2.05V. How much can my kingston value ram 667mhz CL5 handle?

Back