• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having trouble geting FSB speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kungfucow

Registered
I've tried multiple times to Over clock my ram before but to no success. Even if i move one timing like from 5 to 4, it still will give me an error reading something to the affect of "over voltage or over clocking failure". I'm running Kingston Hyper-X 5400 which I'm fairly sure is suppose to have 1066 FSB (unless the company I bought it from lied to me T-T) Am i suppose to bump up the voltage manually along with the clocks somehow? Also, my motherboard read it as PC6400 once too. Is there a way to fix that?

Motherboard= P5WD2- Premium
Ram=2x 512mb Kingston Hyper-x PC 5400

Please help!

Pc25400 runs at 667mhz if it is this ram you may not be able to run at those speeds if it is a mistake on your part and it is in fact pc28500 or you want to try to oc them read on.

you have an asus board so enable manual overclocking in jumperfree settings and manually change ram speed to 1066 set voltage at whatever they are rated to which i believe is 2.2v on your sticks and that will solve your board showing ram as pc26400. I really dont think you need to tighten the timings too much as realworld performance gains arent noticeable unless your are wanting to benchmark,if you still really want to then bump up your voltage to 2.3v and try out 4-4-4-12 if that doesnt work try 4-5-5-12 and so on.

Note if your going to overclock your fsb you might want to set your ram to 800mhz so that you have 200mhz to play around with before your ram can be blamed at limiting your oc and 466 fsb would be a great oc and your ram would be running at 932mhz

Back