• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KINGSTON HYPER X PREDATOR 3200 MHz OVERCLOCK!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KomaromiB

Hey Guys! :)

I recently purchased a Hyper X Predator (2x4 GB) and right after installing my hardware, I faced with a few problems considering the overclocking process. It's supposed to run on 3200 MHz however, I'm only able to run it on 3000 MHz. without activating an XMP profile (but doing the exact same steps manually). For some reason XMP makes my computer die even with the latest BIOS.

I've been playing with the timing settings for more than 2 hours now and ended up using 16-18-36 with a voltage of 1.35. I'm currently using an ASUS Z170-A motherboard with an i7 6700K (OC'd to 4.7 GHz) They are capable of running the desired RAM voltage.
(already tried with absolutely default settings)

Can you please give me some further instructions on how to proceed with the overclocking?

Thanks in advance!:D

I'm assuming this is a typo. Your XMP settings for 3200 should be 16-18-18 @ 1.35v. Is that what you mean or are they really set to 16-18-36?

yeah, you're right, my bad. 16-18-18 @1.35 and the DRAM RAS# ACT Time is 36. :)

You aren't really overlocking the sticks if you haven't hit their XMP speeds, though you are overclocking the IMC on the CPU.

That said, I would memtest the sticks. That combo shouldn't have any issues reaching the rated speeds, so I would memtest the sticks at default and see if it has any errors. If it doesn't, try setting XMP and MANUALLY setting the System Agent and VCCIO voltage... add .1V over whatever their stock value is (check before you switch to XMP). You shouldn't need to add that for those speeds, but... can't hurt.

I also deleted your dupe thread. No need for two on the same subject. :)

So just for clairity, will it run at 3200Ghz 16-18-18-36 @1.35v if set manually without enabling XMP? Also XMP should not be a reason to kill the system. If it in fact is I would question the motherboard, but we aren't there yet.

SOLVED!!!! Make sure to have your RAMs installed in A2 and B2 slot! I had it in A1/A2 which seemingly was an issue for the system. Thanks for the tips! :) Cheers

Download Typhoon Burner see what IC the sticks have. If they are Hynix then maybe this review by Woomack may help. Note: ram timings will vary chip to chip, motherboard to motherboard so these settings aren't guaranteed to work.

Download Typhoon Burner see what IC the sticks have. If they are Hynix then maybe this review by Woomack may help. Note: ram timings will vary chip to chip, motherboard to motherboard so these settings aren't guaranteed to work.

I have used Ryzen DRAM calculator

3466fast.jpg

Does that seem....correct?

If I change tRP to 18 memtest shows errors. Somehow those timings seem to be little bit off when you look stock ones 16-18-18-18-36-77

Last edited:
tRP and tRCD(RD & WR) are usually close numerically but there is nothing (to my knowledge) that states they must be the same. If 16-18-18 is not stable but 16-18-20 or 16-18-16 is then that's what your set of ram needs.

I'm not seeing any HyperX Predator 3466 kits. Can you post a link with your exact kit? Running Typhoon Burner as Mandrake suggested would also clear up any confusion as to what you have.

Back