• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anybody having issues with their onboard LAN with their P5B motherboard???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Un-Kut

i always have a problem with the LAN not connecting online properly that comes with the MB.... sometimes it would work, sometimes it won't. i would restart it and it would start again, somtimes i would restart it 3x in a row and it still wouldnt work....:mad: :mad: :mad:

anybody think a seperate LAN card in a PCI port would work better?

I never had any problems with mine. The P5B-Deluxe have 2 gigabit ports, if you havent already try the other 1 and just disable the other in the BIOS. Not sure if all P5B's have to tho, you have to check :)

Yes but mine has to do with not being able to connect to a Netgear GS605 gigabit switch at the 1000 speed. It keeps on going to 100 even when wires are isolated and using cat 6 cable. I'm even trying to set the hardware to ONLY connect at 1000 full duplex but that isn't even working where as the $6 encore gigabit nic in my free linux box has no problems with 1000 connection! Needless to say, I'm pretty ****ed off about paying for this equipment and having the most expensive part not work as described.
btw, mine is the p5b-e, single gigabit or in my case, single 10/100.:bang head

I am using a wireless Nic card in my p5b and it works great. Already had a wireless nic card before buying this board. So I figured no sense in getting the wifi version.

Back