• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista - Problem installing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.'

That is what I am getting when trying to install. I don't understand why and I have the controller on enable in the BIOS.

This is my new motherboard (Biostar TForce7050-M2) and it even states that it is Vista compatible on the box.

Any ideas?

PS: I am only installing using one HDD, not two.

EDIT: It's just not budging from 0% Expanding Files. GRRR!!! It's been sitting there for 15minutes now.

EDIT2: I just tried XP and it fails to copy over files. Man just what I need right now.
EDIT3: Tried another XP CD and it fails too.

I'm confused....

Any other ideas? I really hope the motherboard doesn't need to be RMA'd.

Last edited:
Does the bios see the hd? If it is an Eide drive it may not work with that board and you may need a sata drive, since it has one ide channel, that happens. Try clearing cmos and setting up the hardware again and see if that works.

Some boards say Vista compatible on the front, but what they mean is 'vista compatible once you flash to the latest BIOS'. Check for the latest BIOS.

Also, I personally had similar behavior from Vista on my board. For some reason, my TV card was interfering with loading the OS. I removed the card, installed the OS, and reinstalled the card, and it worked great.

Good Luck!

One solution:

Check the setting for supporting both pata and sata in your bios. Mine was evil for this, and only worked when I set it to SATA ONLY.

Back