• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E4300 temps on water

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GTengineer

I just got done installing a Swiftech MCR-320 (trip fan) with 6 fans, 3 blowing and 3 pulling. My temperature on full load are still 71-72C which is complete BS since I have been running it for a while and I can touch the tubing and it is very cool. The tubing used to feel quite warm with my old radiator. I am convinced the manufacturing of these 4300 is quite crap.

There was a thread a while back on extremesystems about the fact that the IHS on the 4300 is glued and not welded. I am convinced this has something to do with it because it doesn't seem to be able to dissipate the heat away even with all the right conditions. :bang head

Ouch, bad mount? What are you using to read the temps? My e4300 temps are pretty high too. I'm more convinced that nothing is reading 4300 temps accurately (atleast mine).

Soja said:
Ouch, bad mount? What are you using to read the temps? My e4300 temps are pretty high too. I'm more convinced that nothing is reading 4300 temps accurately (atleast mine).

It is mounted nice and tight, in addition both the water block and cpu's are lapped!

I am almost certain there's faulty dissipation to the ISH due to the gluing process that they used on the 4300. This would also explain why the 4300 tend to run so darn hot typically.

According to this thread the 4300 IHS only has thermal grease inbetween it and the cores. If that's the case then they either have too much or the grease is just plain bad. A ~10C drop would still leave you pretty hot. There's also the controversy with temp readings on the 4300 (and other L2 chips?). It does seem like quite a few people have "hot" 4300s but can other C2D's run stable at these temps? I know when I overclocked a 6600 for a friend that it was really finicky with temps (changing from the stock cooler did wonders).

wow I'm running almost the same speed and voltage on water (ww cpu block, blackice 2 fan radiator) and my full load temp is at 50* I believe (been a few weeks since I checked it).

Soja said:
According to this thread the 4300 IHS only has thermal grease inbetween it and the cores. If that's the case then they either have too much or the grease is just plain bad. A ~10C drop would still leave you pretty hot. There's also the controversy with temp readings on the 4300 (and other L2 chips?). It does seem like quite a few people have "hot" 4300s but can other C2D's run stable at these temps? I know when I overclocked a 6600 for a friend that it was really finicky with temps (changing from the stock cooler did wonders).

That's thermal grease was what I was referring to.

My 4300 can run at this 71C all day long which makes me wonder if the reading is even correct. I have always gone by Coretemp0.95 because it always gave me the highest reading. Speedfan supposedly was giving me too low core temps. I may get speedfan up again and see. Like I said the actual water temperature is very cool even after running full load for a while so I know the radiator is doing a great job.

There's a bunch of threads on coretemp 0.94/speedfan vs 0.95 on this forum, coretemp forums, etc... Haven't found a definitive answer yet.

I just checked with speedfan and I get 10C lower than with coretemp all the time (idle and load). So on full load with speedfan I reach 61C.

I idle at
27C with speedfan
38C with coretemp

Well I have a weird issue as well but I knew at least what mine ran on air, and im running about 10C warmer under water than on air which doesn't make any sense to me. My setup depending on air temp a little, runs about 48C full bore load at 3Ghz, which if at all on a nice day should read 40C on air.

Back