• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buddy, can ya spare a dongle?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Radical said:
ATI should be able to help you out if you give them a call.

Here is their number: 1-888-9SHOPATI

Or e-mail them: http://shop.ati.com/contactus.asp

Yeah... I was online at that site earlier. The number isn't open on the weekends. I was hoping someone just knew the answer and could say yes, or no. Thanks anyway, I'll email the company.

OK, I hate reviving this thread. But listen to this... I emailed shop.ATI, and got a canned response. "We're sorry but shop ATI cannot make product recommendations. Please go to Customer Care, and tech support." :shrug:

Awwwwrighty. So I go to customer care, fill out a ticket. Tell 'em my story. Bought a card 3 months ago, Dongle has problems. Is this the right part to buy? I sent them the same link that's in the beginning of the post.

2 days later, I get the response... Another canned response regarding warranty information for ATI products. No reference regarding my question whatsoever. :temper:

Look, I'm not paying shipping to send back a broken cable and wait for weeks to get a new one, when I could probably order a new one for the same price and have it in a week.

So I've got to ask once more, with my hat in my hand... Does ANYONE know if the dongle for X1800/X1900 is the same dongle that's used for the X1950 series? It looks similar, but the pic on the product website is pretty blurry.

Obviously, I like ATI products, but this is really starting to annoy me. What is the point of having an email address in place to ask questions about a product, if all they do is tell you they can't answer any questions about their products?

Sorry, I don't really know. I have the internal links on mine.

But somebody here must know so here's a bump to the top.

edit: maybe try posting in the ATi section?

TTP said:
looking at the connector from the sapphire tech site.. it looks exactly like the same cable as my x1900's.

I don't mean to sound dumb, but are you saying the X1900 dongle and the X1950 dongle are the same? :shrug:

TTP said:
Yes, the physical interface looks exactly the same.

Thanks TTP.

Holy smokes, you have no idea how hard it's been to get an answer to this question. I may actually have to post the transcripts of my emails with the company.

If it wasn't so aggravating, it would have been hilarious. They sent me warranty information, how to identify 'made by ati' products, and excuses about 'making product recommendations'. I just wrote a final, not-so-nice email to the company, because of my experience.

I am sooooo done with this thread. It's going to be nice to not have the computer in the middle of the room so nothing touches the dongle.

oakstave said:
Thanks TTP.

Holy smokes, you have no idea how hard it's been to get an answer to this question. I may actually have to post the transcripts of my emails with the company.

If it wasn't so aggravating, it would have been hilarious. They sent me warranty information, how to identify 'made by ati' products, and excuses about 'making product recommendations'. I just wrote a final, not-so-nice email to the company, because of my experience.

I am sooooo done with this thread. It's going to be nice to not have the computer in the middle of the room so nothing touches the dongle.
That is the exact reason I never use email for support.

thideras said:
That is the exact reason I never use email for support.
word. if there isnt a telephone number, i dont go with the company. id like to know that i can atleast talk to a living person without dealing with the automated system bs.

Worst thing is automated phones. Press 1 if you have a problem with your PC, Press 2 if you came here to talk to a person because our e-mail is automated. You pressed 2. Press 1 if you have a problem with your PC

Back