• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI nF4 vcore read point?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Clockwork_Apple

Anyone know a point on the Ultra-D to measure vcore?

I think this board is undervolting by at least 0.05v, but I want to check.

I've googled and cant find anything :(

i dont know, but mine undervolts by 0.04v too. I just use software and cross compare SmartGuardian, MBM5 and other programs to attain a value

The more I check it seems to undervolt according to software/BIOS by about 0.04v aswell.

The reason I noticed was my 3700 was stable at 2860Mhz with 1.50v on my ASRock, but it needs 1.55v on the DFI.

Nebulous, I checked the stickies over at XS, nothing :(

Nebulous said:
Sry bro, I can't find anything else either :shrug:
No problem man, thanks for the help.

considering that thread you linked is 48 pages long, there must be the thing im looking for somewhere in there. just got a lot of reading to do :rolleyes:

I asked the same question here and on DFI street.

Basically, CPU VID is a reference point that is never going to be exact, nor will the PC Health Status screen in the Bios ever be exact. The degree of variation will vary from user to user as other X factors like the PSU used, Rail stability, Mobo revision, etc...come in to play.

The only way to get a "true" reading is with a Digital Multimeter.

Example:

CPU VID: 1.5v
CPU Special: 1.10%

PC Health Status Voltage: 1.58v
Mathematic Voltage: 1.65v

OcX, perhaps you should of read my post? I was not asking for a program.

I was asking for the read point to use with a DMM :rolleyes:

Clockwork_Apple said:
OcX, perhaps you should of read my post? I was not asking for a program.

I was asking for the read point to use with a DMM :rolleyes:

What program am I suggesting? :rolleyes:

UBERCOOL, thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for. It's a shame this board is currently dead :(

OcX, your response telling me that the only accurate way to get a vcore reading was using a DMM was pointless. I was asking for the place to read vcore from, I therefore obviously knew that it was the most accurate method and wanted to clear up any discrepancy between BIOS readings and actual value. Why would you post telling me the only way to get a "true" reading is with a Digital Multimeter?

I never trust software based voltage or temp readings, as they're notorious for inaccuracy.

If anyone else wants gives this a go, I would love to know what your results are. I currently have my Vcore set to 1.35v but CPU-Z shows 1.312v. I am going to try another reading when I get home tonight, but I thought it was odd that the bios preset was right.

Checking vcore with a DMM on my asrock showed that it was always -0.01v of the set value at higher voltages, and spot on at lower volts.

I'd be surprised if this kind of enthusiast board undervolted by as much as -0.04v, although many people criticise DFI for their voltage circuits.

Back