• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gears Of War Gets New Achievements

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Taken from Gamespot.com

"In April, Epic Games updated its phenomenally successful sci-fi shooter Gears of War for the second time to include a new multiplayer gametype called Annex. Today, the company announced it would be adding 250 achievement points to the mode, spread over eight different achievements, this Thursday, June 14."

Here they are -

Unlockable How to Unlock
All That Juice (30) Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Process multiplayer map
Green Thumb (30) Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Garden multiplayer map
Inconceivable (30) Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by fewer than 5 points
Mind the Gap (30) Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Subway multiplayer map
Nub Pwn3r (30) Win 20 rounds of multiplayer matches in Annex by shutting out the opposing team
Purdy Mouth (30) Win 20 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in any game type on the Bullet Marsh multiplayer map
THIS! IS! ANNEX! (40) Complete 100 multiplayer matches of 3+ rounds in Annex and capture 3 objectives in each match
You Down With E.P.I.C? (30) Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps

I quit after finishing most of the single player ones I am getting it back the game to have the occasional shoot around but I won't be aiming for hardly any as I cant be bothered.

AngelfireUk83 said:
"You Down With E.P.I.C? (30) Win a multiplayer match of 3+ rounds in any game type on 6 different downloadable maps....

That achievement is a little ridiculous. I can't believe that they'd create an achievement that forces us to buy some of their content.

FudgeNuggets said:
add-on packs for games currently have extra achievements as do downloadable games :shrug:

I knew the downloadable games had achievements. I guess I just don't download enough extra content for games to have noticed this :confused:

Burninate said:
That achievement is a little ridiculous. I can't believe that they'd create an achievement that forces us to buy some of their content.

Nobody is 'forcing' you to do anything. Hell, they're actually offering an additional incentive to look at DLC - that is, you have a chance to earn more than 1000 gamerpoints.

deception``

deception`` said:
Nobody is 'forcing' you to do anything. Hell, they're actually offering an additional incentive to look at DLC - that is, you have a chance to earn more than 1000 gamerpoints.

deception``

This needs to be quoted, 'cause nobody will read it otherwise, and it is 100% true.

Back