• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Still having trouble connecting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SickBoy

Inactive Moderator
Did a fresh install of WinXP Pro on Tuesday and I switched to the graphical client.... still have problems connecting to upload work. I had been running Win98 for a few days, though, and it still had problems.... so basically, the moral of the story is I still haven't gotten to the bottom of this. I'm planning a change of NIC (from a generic Realtek card to a 3Com card) and a few other things and I'll keep you guys posted as to what makes a difference and what does not.

SB

No, I wasn't having any other internet connectivity problems, just connecting to the F@H servers to upload.

I'm home now though, and networked to my parents' DSL line and it uploaded my finished work units just fine. So anyway....

I won't be able to run my computer 24/7, but I will run it during the day when my parents are gone and hopefully I'll be able to contribute a little bit until I move in with my friends.

SB

Back