• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nice to see the team still cranking out the points!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nahmus

Been a while since I've passed through here. Glad to see you guys are still active. After many moves and changes I might be staying in this area for a while so I might try to get a folder or two back up and running. It won't be anything like the old days when i was running 4 quadcore servers and other assorted pc's out of my house but I will see what I can do. just some questions for the active people here.

How much does the new client take up in terms of resources? I might be able to borg a few backup servers where I'm working now.
Are graphics cards still the big dogs in terms of points?

Thanks all

Hi and welcome back current version of the client is 7.6.21, I don't think it takes any more resources than any of the older V7 clients.
And yes GPU's are the big points winner, CPU's can still be used but not much in the way of points. (see my sig) :) all GPU's.

Captain Morgan Borgin!!! Nice to see you. :)

You know, I still have several of those T32 T-Shirts you made back in the day.

Nice to set you guys. Been a while harlam! I still wear my T32 shirt as well. It's held up well. So glad you guys liked them. i should have some cpu's ready in the next week or so. i might build another gaming rig this winter so perhaps i can get that up and running.

Hi and welcome back current version of the client is 7.6.21, I don't think it takes any more resources than any of the older V7 clients.
And yes GPU's are the big points winner, CPU's can still be used but not much in the way of points. (see my sig) :) all GPU's.
I don't really have access to machines with GPU's I do however have access to servers. I wish I still had the pic of my old folding farm. 4 quadcore dell servers and at that point I also did IT for a school. I think at my highest count i had over 100 folding machines. I'm also disappointed that they took folding away with the sony gaming consoles

I don't really have access to machines with GPU's I do however have access to servers. I wish I still had the pic of my old folding farm. 4 quadcore dell servers and at that point I also did IT for a school. I think at my highest count i had over 100 folding machines. I'm also disappointed that they took folding away with the sony gaming consoles
I feel like your a "Blast from the Past" and you just climbed out of a bunker... :beer:

I mean, any points are points, but, is it worth F@H on CPUs these days? I though that ship sailed years ago.

What are PPD for CPUs?
Just off the cuff it's maybe 2 million PPD with a close to top end one maybe an I-9 might get above that... As opposed to maybe five or six million a day with the GPU for 3070 ti or 3080.

Anything much lower than that you're looking at a million PPD or less.

If that's all a person has 2 million PPD a day is nothing to sneeze at.

Just off the cuff it's maybe 2 million PPD with a close to top end one maybe an I-9 might get above that... As opposed to maybe five or six million a day with the GPU for 3070 ti or 3080.

Anything much lower than that you're looking at a million PPD or less.

If that's all a person has 2 million PPD a day is nothing to sneeze at.
Wow, that's a lot more than I thought! I found this database... not sure how accurate it is though.

Wow, that's a lot more than I thought! I found this database... not sure how accurate it is though.

Thanks for the info Earthdog. Most of what I would have access to would be backup servers and some VM's for now. Really wish they did not take away folding on Play stations. Will see what I can do to start contributing some points.

Back