• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm looking more towards the release of TF2 with Ep. 2 than the actually Ep. 2

ziggo0 said:
I'm looking more towards the release of TF2 with Ep. 2 than the actually Ep. 2

Oh yeah TF2 looks totally awesome. I just hope it "feels" like TF

And Portal looks cool as well. That game pack would almost sway me to spend a little more on the HD 2900xt vs the 8800GTS... almost. But if the prices go down to where it would actually make sense...maybe that will be my next card.

jivetrky said:
I was really hoping these episodes would come a little quicker together. I kind of thought that was the point. :shrug:

When you consider how long it took to go from Half Life to Half Life 2 I think that this IS pretty quick! haha

The point of the episodes is to showcase new technology for that year and in gaming. That is why there was distance between HL2 and HL2:ep1; the same from ep1 to ep2. This new version will have all new physics, DX10, and a slew of many other features. It's all to showcase technology, not just an expansion per se.

Ah, I didn't know it was going to be DX10, I'm looking forward to outdoor environments though, I had enough of bloody tiny corridors and underground complexes.

Just please god not another Nova Prospekt. :( That level was hell...if I fight 40~ combine at once again I think I'll have nightmares.

But what do you mean they axed the Black Box? You can't get TF2, Portal and EP2 all in one retail box anymore?

Hi, I have a stupid question. Do the HL2 expansion packs upgrade the entire games graphics from the beginning or do you go from old looking HL2 to increasingly better looking new episodes as you progress?

Brando said:
Hi, I have a stupid question. Do the HL2 expansion packs upgrade the entire games graphics from the beginning or do you go from old looking HL2 to increasingly better looking new episodes as you progress?
That depends on your video card! :santa:

HL2 was normal. HL2:lost coast was a techdemo to show off HDR. HL2:ep1 had some cool effects, but it was basically HL2 all over again. And I have no idea about HL2ep2.

I will be buying EP 2 for certain. But, I'm looking forward to TF 2 more. I can't wait to kill the president over and over and over again. That level never gets old. As for DX 10 support, that's just a bonus.

While HL2E2 will be cool, I'm looking forward to TF2 more. You'll still be able to buy the canceled box on Steam, which is just fine by me. Hell, if they offer it at a discounted price, I may just pre-order and pre-load it. :)

Back