• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Half-Life 2: Episode Two

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jivetrky said:
Oh yeah TF2 looks totally awesome. I just hope it "feels" like TF

And Portal looks cool as well. That game pack would almost sway me to spend a little more on the HD 2900xt vs the 8800GTS... almost. But if the prices go down to where it would actually make sense...maybe that will be my next card.

Indeed! I'm getting tired of the same FPS genres to be honest but TF...omg, I could play that forever.

Ep. 2 is going to be DX10? Thats lame...looks like I won't be playing it then lool.

ziggo0 said:
Indeed! I'm getting tired of the same FPS genres to be honest but TF...omg, I could play that forever.

Ep. 2 is going to be DX10? Thats lame...looks like I won't be playing it then lool.

I'm sure it'll also be DX9 compatible.... Valve has always been real good about backwards compatibility like that.

jivetrky said:
I'm sure it'll also be DX9 compatible.... Valve has always been real good about backwards compatibility like that.

Isn't there an option in HL2 to force DX 8? And DX 9 had been out for some time before HL2 came out. I'm sure they'll allow DX9 users to play, maybe even DX8er's.

Will there ever be Half Life 3..totally different but much cooler running DX10 or maybe DX11 in the future? Be like 5 years from now.. Or better, Valve releasing a Counter Strike 3 which is DX10

Mathersalan said:
Will there ever be Half Life 3..totally different but much cooler running DX10 or maybe DX11 in the future? Be like 5 years from now.. Or better, Valve releasing a Counter Strike 3 which is DX10

Gabe Newell considers the HL2 episodes to be HL3. He's stated such in interviews.

ShadowPho said:
That depends on your video card! :santa:

HL2 was normal. HL2:lost coast was a techdemo to show off HDR. HL2:ep1 had some cool effects, but it was basically HL2 all over again. And I have no idea about HL2ep2.
Ok. I was just hoping they'd replaced all the textures to make hl2 as pretty as ep1 so it would all look seamless. Kind of like qarl's texture pack3 for oblivion but not really.

Burninate said:
Isn't there an option in HL2 to force DX 8? And DX 9 had been out for some time before HL2 came out. I'm sure they'll allow DX9 users to play, maybe even DX8er's.

HL2 will actually run in DX 7 mode. I play it on a Ti4600 in DX 8. Valve has always been good about supporting older hardware.

Brando said:
Ok. I was just hoping they'd replaced all the textures to make hl2 as pretty as ep1 so it would all look seamless. Kind of like qarl's texture pack3 for oblivion but not really.

Then you will want this GFX MOD for all the HL2 and EP1 missions. Looks suhweet! Loading times kinda suck though, but I don't seem to mind.

Fake Factory Cinematic Mod

Or the HL2 Substance MOD which is again killer updated GFX with lots of xtra baddies and abilities for the original HL2 missions. Kinda HL2 meets Metal gear Solid.

HL2 Substance Mod

Thund3rball said:
Then you will want this GFX MOD for all the HL2 and EP1 missions. Looks suhweet! Loading times kinda suck though, but I don't seem to mind.

Fake Factory Cinematic Mod

Or the HL2 Substance MOD which is again killer updated GFX with lots of xtra baddies and abilities for the original HL2 missions. Kinda HL2 meets Metal gear Solid.

HL2 Substance Mod
Wow! Good stuff. I've been putting off buying hl2 for too long.

Thund3rball said:
Putting off buying HL2 :eh?:
I wait for games to come down in price too, but it's like $20 now. Get on it man! :p

Edit: Also... not available yet but just to get your juices flowing... the Black Mesa Mod >> HL1 built using the HL2 engine!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/

Wow, that looks awesome! It would be a lot of fun to play HL1 again but with the Source engine. And the co-op mode sounds like it would be cool as well.

jivetrky said:
Wow, that looks awesome! It would be a lot of fun to play HL1 again but with the Source engine. And the co-op mode sounds like it would be cool as well.

Ya I love HL1. Still play it too. And I am not sure what I am more excited about... Black Mesa Source or EP2? I think I will be totally HL captivated for Half-my-Life :D

Lol, a little off topic. But if you remember playing Goldeneye007 on the 64...ITS BACK

http://www.goldeneyesource.com/

Their servers are down right now for maintence, but should be back up shortly. I've tried this mod...and OMG the levels are extremely accurate.

Thund3rball said:
Putting off buying HL2 :eh?:
I wait for games to come down in price too, but it's like $20 now. Get on it man! :p

Edit: Also... not available yet but just to get your juices flowing... the Black Mesa Mod >> HL1 built using the HL2 engine!!! :drool: :drool: :drool:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
I know, I know. I had all these great games I wanted to play but then Oblivion came out and IT NEVER ENDS!!!. AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! Then I tried F.E.A.R. combat and I've been hooked ever since. I figured since I've already waited this long I may as well wait for a platinum edition type dealy and get it all at once.

Back